104 replies to this topic

#21 theatremadhatter

theatremadhatter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I think it's supposed to be like secret cinema which I pay about 50 for without knowing what it is BUT it has a reputation that you know it's going to be good. I think when they first started it was really cheap like 10 then as it got popular the price went up. 25 is not a bad price for a 50 seat (half price) but I'd rather know it was definitely Urinetown and this was just a discount for early bookers. Still I like it so I've bought. :)

#22 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Will be interesting to see if this works.

Personally, I'm not keen to buy just yet.

#23 theatremadhatter

theatremadhatter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Has anyone else seen that the website has updated for this now? The price has gone up but an abandoned pool has been added, when you click on it it brings up a big empty pool with rubbish in it. I was clicking around and a letter popped up. Now I'm not quite sure what its saying but I think it implies that those people who bought tickets first will get something extra. Not sure. Any thoughts?

I definitely think its Urinetown now though. Empty pool = no water. That's what Urinetown is all about!

I bought tickets early on so I'm looking forward to seeing what we get!

#24 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

I am really keen to see this but the main problem is with booking so far in advance is that I really don't know what I will bed doing then so think I will have to wait until nearer the time. I am not sure about the 'secret' idea, in some ways, as other people have said, it works with secret cinema and secret hotels (e.g. on lastminute) but not sure it will catch on the same with theatre, and if it does probably only with theatre people on here rather than the general public.

#25 theatremadhatter

theatremadhatter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

Agreed. I wonder if they have sold many tickets. If the price is changing every 2 weeks up to 49.50 I'm guessing it won't be long before we know and they are out on normal sale.

#26 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

Yeah true. So does it mean every seat is the same price? Looks like that from the website, so would be paying nearly £50 wherever you are sat if don't book till Sept. I might hold off and hope for discounts!

#27 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Sounds to me like the producers have thought "The name is a real turn off. How do we get around that?".

#28 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

View Postmrkringas, on 14 May 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Casting will be everything for this show. Obvious statement I guess but can we have some more Americans please to play Bobby Strong, Pennywise and some of the gang?

Nice to know who is in it because that might be decisive. Yet  more Americans though would be a major turn off for me when there's plenty of domestic talent available . Bits of the  WE are already looking like  a home for unemployed US or European actors.

#29 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

The St James often does the front and back row cheap, so I'm hoping that might be the case. And also, I'd quite like to pick my own seat, and find out who's directing etc, before I book.

#30 theatremadhatter

theatremadhatter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Website / Twitter is saying the Director will be announced on Monday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users