HG: *[at the St James]

#3 Kasper

Kasper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

August 2010 at the Courtyard Studio
Better then sex, a musical comedy based on an Hungarian play (or somthing like that)
First half me and an older couple
Second act... Just me!!!

And the entire company played and sang until the end.
We had a nice chat afterwards in the bar.

#4 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Welcome to the board Kasper.

I've been to a couple of things downstairs at Hampstead where I was counting the audience and it didn't take very long.  I don't think I've ever seen something in the single figures though.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#5 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

Went to the Leicester Square Theatre to see a particular cabaret performer who had been recommended to me from their performances several years ago. Audience consisted of the two of us and three of the performer's friends. The gaps left in the performance for uproarious audience laughter were heartbreaking.

#6 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

One of about 6 in the large Lyric Theatre Hammersmith auditorium for a play that involved audience participation of the "all clap your hands and sing along" sort. 1983 but seems like yesterday.

#7 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

I've always hoped to be the only person in the audience in Edinburgh but the nearest I got was with a friend when we were the only people to see a two-hander involving tea and cakes and the cast decided to invite us to a tea party rather than bother with the show. I wish more casts would be so thoughtful (I'm looking at you, Damned by Despair)

#8 musicals fan

musicals fan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

Twice for me - 5 of us at the Tabard (including two parents) and WE were given a round applause from the cast! A Cole Porter musical too.
Second was at the Landor - 7 in all including two parents.
I feel really sorry for actors having to put on a professional performance under these circumstances - they must have strong resolution to keep going sometimes.
The Guiness book of Records contains an entry for the lowest audience - zero.  This was apparently for a recital in AUstralia.

#9 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

I've several times been outnumbered by the cast in the Landor including one show that shall remain nameless where I'm fairly sure there was *nobody* after the interval. At least, the only  other group there  looked jealously at us when we pointedly gathered our coats and bags at half-time so unless they were relatives, I think they probably made a getaway too.

Nobody turning up must be reasonably common at Edinburgh? I think I might have once  been the only person who turned up for a show that was cancelled.

#10 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

That happened to me once - had a chat with the cast in the bar, they were apologetic but not sorry enough to put the show on for me!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users