• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#51 RudyGrey

RudyGrey

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

@ johng: I was wondering how exactly the Donmar handles returns, as we'd like to have a go at the Barclay seats too, when they appear... Can you just ring or show up at the box office, to have your purchased tickets re-sold?

Seems kind of funny, to just buy tickets, then to exchange them, but if the system allows it, I guess we may as well try so

#52 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostEpicoene, on 25 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

I too got a couple of Coriolanus seats. Did anyone FAIL to get anything ? My impression was there were quite a lot available in the circle (hardly any in the stalls).

Quite a few on the Donmar Facebook page are saying they failed - I've also seen a lot of 'it sold out in 1 minute!' talk when it took me a good 20 minutes of trying to get a ticket, so I'm guessing some people gave up too soon.

#53 young offender

young offender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Rather amusing tweet from the Donmar:

'Overwhelmed by the public response to our new season. Tickets still available for THE SAME DEEP WATER AND ME & ROOTS'

I expect the response to those two plays has been a tidal wave of indifference.

I'm still a bit baffled that Coriolanus has sold QUITE so fast - Tom Hiddleston is a rising star, sure, but he's not exactly a household name yet.

#54 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Amazed how easy I got my tickets, joined queue at 8.45, 2 windows open and booked Coriolanus and Same Deep Water as soon as it turned 9. Even got a stalls seat for Coriolanus on the date I wanted. Though, my 2 local theatres are ATG so I am used to their website.

#55 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

Tom Hiddleson has some VERY devoted fans though. Add to that the Mark Gatiss fans who aren't as numerous but quite devoted also it's not surprising.

I've always had good experiences with ATG systems but seems today was a bit disastrous for many!
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

#56 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

View Postyoung offender, on 25 June 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

I'm still a bit baffled that Coriolanus has sold QUITE so fast - Tom Hiddleston is a rising star, sure, but he's not exactly a household name yet.

You don't need to be a household name to sell out the Donmar (and, given that they hold back some seats, it's not sold out yet).
But in any case he was in the biggest-grossing film of 2012 and has more than enough passionate fans from that to fill the Donmar, and was excellent in The Hollow Crown Henrys too, so passionate Shakespeare fans are keen to see him back on stage.

There wouldn't be such a scrum in a bigger West End house, but everyone knows that the Donmar is tiny and tickets go like hotcakes.

#57 young offender

young offender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Fair points. Anyway, it's good to see a frenzied Donmar ticket scrum again - there's been nothing like this since the Jacobi Lear, and I was getting nostagic.

#58 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Just booked for the one, 'Same Deep Water as Me', could be good or not so no more than £15 for me (just splashed out on going out to Bristol for Tristan & Yseult which I've somehow managed to miss before though).

#59 johng

johng

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Donmar returns

My office is only 2 minutes walk from the Donmar so I have only returned tickets to the box office.

I'm quite enjoying the idea of Gatiss and Hiddleston performing Coriolanus in front of a bemused mix of Doctor Who fans and Hiddleston groupies.  Perhaps Tom can apply the Jude Law approach and get his shirt off at the first possible opportunity.  I understand this made Anna Christie a less tedious experience for the ladies than I found it.

#60 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Looked at a few dates for Roots and it seems to be selling reasonably well. Think I'm going to wait for front row seats though.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users