• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

#801 Andromeda Dench

Andromeda Dench

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Er... theatre? Plays, musicals, opera. Classic and modern. Playwrights, directors, performers, designers. Theatre venues. Everything.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

View Postjaqs, on 20 March 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

But its not a disaster of the same level of Stephen Ward or From here to eternity or The light Princess in that it has found an audience and hasnt given notice.

View PostJon, on 20 March 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Charlie is a much easier sell to audiences compared to FHTE and Stephen Ward, I imagine in a quieter year it probably would have swept it but against Mormon and Once, I think it'll win Set Design and Costume Design.

Oh, I wasn't comparing SW and FHTE to Charlie but to Love Never Dies.
''Fosse believed that, “The time to sing is when your emotional level is too high to just speak anymore, and the time to dance is when your emotions are just too strong to only sing about how you feel." ''

#802 bradleyconnor

bradleyconnor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Really want to take my mother to see this, she's 43 - would we like it? is the music good etc?
Musicals/Plays seen -
2011 - The WIZ (Leeds)
2012 - Two (Manchester), Chicago UK Tour (Manchester), Grease UK Tour (Manchester), Blood Brothers UK Tour (Manchester)
2013 - Billy Elliot (London) x2, Shrek The Musical (London), Matilda (London), Wicked (London), Hairspray UK Tour (Leeds), Priscilla Queen of The Dessert UK Tour (Bradford)
2014 - Les Miserables (London), I Cant Sing! (London)

#803 DanielJohnson14

DanielJohnson14

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

I can see it winning Set, Costume, Lighting, Choreography and possibly Best Actor, it has a real chance of being the biggest winner of the night!

#804 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

It certainly deserves Set and Costume.. And lighting.. I think the guy from Scotsboro Boys will win though..
( I've probably spelt that wrong)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users