803 replies to this topic

#331 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

The show has done well to stay off youtube this long, usually stuff is on there after the opening night!!

#332 voyagerweb

voyagerweb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

A couple of days on and the thing that has really stuck in my head are the scenes following Mike Teevee's tv dissaperance "vidiots", the quote that stuck in my head was "its years since i have been to a rave"

#333 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 17 June 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

The show has done well to stay off youtube this long, usually stuff is on there after the opening night!!

I would never video a show and I get so so annoyed if I see people taking photos/videos when I am there.......but that doesn't stop me loving youtube for letting me watch shows which have never made it over here or certain actors in certain roles :P

#334 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

View Postsam22, on 17 June 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I would never video a show and I get so so annoyed if I see people taking photos/videos when I am there.......but that doesn't stop me loving youtube for letting me watch shows which have never made it over here or certain actors in certain roles :P

I can never find by good videos though!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#335 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Yeah lots of bad quality ones but then sometimes great ones are there too. It is good for Broadway as most shows are on something like the View when they open so often one or two songs good quality as from tv! Or if not Tony Awards is great for that too

#336 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

I may be in the minority but I think people sat there filming a show secretly and posting it on YouTube is really bad for theatre. I trust that video won't be there for long .

#337 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 17 June 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

I may be in the minority but I think people sat there filming a show secretly and posting it on YouTube is really bad for theatre. I trust that video won't be there for long .

I don't think it's bad for theatre, but I have absolutely no idea how they can keep their nerve for the full show recording! It's like going to a concert - why spend your time worrying about how good your photos or videos will be - just enjoy what you've paid for!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#338 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 17 June 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

The whole show is far far too much. I think the powers that be in some but not all productions  have concluded, though,  that, if their product is excellent, there's no reason to stop bits of it appearing and staying on the internet . Its great free advertising, if you are confident in your cast. Whats potentially interesting, is why some shows have casts that seem to attract lots of youtube coverage,  why other  and casts and shows inspire relatively nothing, and a lack of youtube interest seems to preceed closure in some cases.

#339 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

I've actually chosen to see quite a few shows aftrr seeing a clip on youtube and seeing how good it is. I really don't think it is damaging to theatre as say an illegal film is to dvds as they are often decent quality whereas youtube clips just give you a taste. I'd never watch a whole show.

Great to see different people sing certain songs too eg ive seen wicked quite a few times so given the show plenty of money but cant afford to go and see it everytime a cast member changes

#340 Halpster

Halpster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Was lucky enough to see the show last night and have to say LOVED IT ! Standing ovation at the end great energy from the cast and the show flowed really well from start to finish...great designs and sits perfectly in Drury Lane....really makes me chuckle to read back on some of the posts here and how the show is dissected and ripped apart....its a MUSICAL.....! try not to forget that....OK if you want soaring melodies go see Phantom...if you want to see a show with heart on its sleeve and with a lot of love and passion behind it...i would say go see it !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users