• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

#411 Sparkleboy

Sparkleboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Saw it Monday and loved it. "Don't ya' pinch me Charlie" should of been the act one closing number leading into the factory. Best song in the show.    I didn't care for the "it must be seen to be believed" as a closer and I too was shocked to see no credits of Newley/Bricusse for pure imagination? and despite the very rickety glass elevator, I still loved it and will be going back :D

#412 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Very very good. Set is Amazing. The one let down as expected is the score, but atleast it's better than Catch Me if You can! Genuinely thought there were just a few good numbers in the while show, the rest was just padding.

#413 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostTitan, on 26 June 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

I hadnt noticed Wonkas face in the factory part of the logo before until the end of that (very good) EPK

Can't see it myself. I've looked at it in different ways and just can't see it
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#414 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Same!!

#415 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   56.12K   63 downloads

There we go.

MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#416 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Anyone know if they do brochures yet??
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#417 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

No brochures

#418 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

Will you only see a show if the music sounds like Andrew Lloyd Webber music?!

#419 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

I only just noticed Wonkas face in the logo, I thought it was a good logo when they started advertising the show.

It'll be interesting if they make further changes if or when the show goes to Broadway, I imagine Warner Bros will try and transfer the show by 2015 at the earliest,

#420 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Apparently it can't transfer for a few years because of Mendes film commitments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users