803 replies to this topic

#521 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1777 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

My kid and I both loved it. In fact all the children around us seemed captivated, so job done so far as I'm concerned - the two little boys in front of us yelled out when the elevator flew. How the hell did they do the disappearing trick right at the end? I have no idea. My favourite was Mrs Teavee, who was actually quite touching when she thanked Wonka for shrinking her son so she could mother him. And when she described tasting the chocolate as therapy. And the big furry squirrels surrounding Veruca and her ballet poses was an echo of the rats in the Nutcracker, I assume - very clever. We had a wonderful afternoon, with just the right amount of air conditioning too.

#522 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Seeing this on Saturday evening, only got a cheap seat, so won't have wasted much money if I don't like it !

#523 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

View Postisabel, on 14 July 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Seeing this on Saturday evening, only got a cheap seat, so won't have wasted much money if I don't like it !

I don't think anyone has disliked it yet! We've been critical, but it doesn't make any less enjoyable than you'd expect :)
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#524 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Are they selling any posters yet at the merchandise stalls?

#525 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

So elevator broken again apparently , any idea how long it has been broken, have to say this is very pore for a show that is open and gone past previews!

#526 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 17 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

So elevator broken again apparently , any idea how long it has been broken, have to say this is very pore for a show that is open and gone past previews!
   Hope it'll be fixed by Saturday night !

#527 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Anyone know if elevator back working ?

#528 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

It was back in last night I hear

#529 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

Saw this tonight and left feeling totally underwhelmed, have forgotten all the songs except 'Pure Imagination'. The Elevator was working . Paper Aeroplane didn't fly.  Little boy paying Charlie was fantastic, didn't think much of Willy Wonka. When they introduced the golden ticket winners it was impossible to understand what the chidren they were all saying/singing.  Wish they'd made more of the Umpa Lumpas, they were the best bit about the show Also it was a Full House

#530 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

View Postisabel, on 21 July 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

Saw this tonight and left feeling totally underwhelmed, have forgotten all the songs except 'Pure Imagination'. The Elevator was working . Paper Aeroplane didn't fly.  Little boy paying Charlie was fantastic, didn't think much of Willy Wonka. When they introduced the golden ticket winners it was impossible to understand what the chidren they were all saying/singing.  Wish they'd made more of the Umpa Lumpas, they were the best bit about the show     Also it was a Full House

I completely agree the songs are forgettable, even though i did enjoy them at the time, but I was far from underwhelmed. I thought the whole cast and set were very impressive, and I had no issues with the children's diction, where were you sat?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users