78 replies to this topic

#11 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Even happier now I bought a nice 8 £ ticket for this yesterday. Ha!
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#12 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Smugness is very unbecoming. Anyway the server is back up now.

#13 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2088 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Charles Spencer in the Telegraph "can't rate it highly enough" - he gives it 5 stars so presumably thinks its worth at least 6!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#14 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

5* in the Standard too.

#15 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

One hour forty - act one
Indulgence and arrogance

#16 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Ok, so have booked a couple of tix. Nightmare website. Of course I couldn't remember my password. I had to go thru the new password process twice. Hope worth the rise in blood pressure.

#17 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

Sorry you find the Almeida website difficult, Lynette - I know some are, but I've actually always got on well with that one, though I did mysteriously, at one stage, end up with 2 valid passwords.  I like the fact that the seating plan is large enough to see with the naked eye and that the prices are clearly differentiated by colours before you try to select a seat.  For me, many other websites fail in these significant areas, i.e. font size, clarity of display.

#18 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's not so bad, I agree. I was hurrying and I usually phone my Almeida bookings so I was unable to remember password then got in a loop...

#19 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

The design of the website is fine but they have problems with the back end (that's not a euphimism btw): last week I was trying to book three different productions and it was giving me exactly the same seats available for all productions all dates. If I tried to book, it was giving me an error message. I often get error messages even if it's not busy. I could sort them put if they paid me enough, but I suspect they can't pay me anything.

#20 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostPoly, on 30 May 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

The design of the website is fine but they have problems with the back end (that's not a euphimism btw): last week I was trying to book three different productions and it was giving me exactly the same seats available for all productions all dates. If I tried to book, it was giving me an error message. I often get error messages even if it's not busy. I could sort them put if they paid me enough, but I suspect they can't pay me anything.

Seriously, worth a go as at worst they could turn you down - how about suggesting they pay you in kind, i.e. theatre tix?  You and they would both benefit, as would others, in view of your comments and Lynette's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users