- - - - -

Murder Mysteries - Serious Acting?

Actors Paid Improvisation Shows Murder Mysteries Humour Comedy Business Corporate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ToDieForEntertainment

ToDieForEntertainment

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Run a Murder Mystery Entertainment Company, To Die For Entertainment

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hello I run a Murder Mystery Entertainment Company in Manchester ( To Die For Entertainment ), and I was wondering what forum members though about the 'validity' for want of a better word, or acting in these shows amongst the rest of the canon. The vast majority of my company cast are very committed, and also wonderful actors (I wouldn't hire them otherwise!) but occasionally I get a few for whom Murder Mysteries are very low down on their list of priorities. They won't accept a role until very close to the show date, in the hope that something better will come up, some will actually ditch when they have agreed to a show because a fringe play or an unpaid short film has arisen, and very occasionally I meet actors who think the whole thing is beneath them! This is paid work for crying out loud! I think it is very valid (of course I would say that), but you have to stay in character for long periods of time, you have to create new characters, you have to improvise and think on your feet, and also have to attempt to be funny. I'd be interested to hear different actors views on the subject. (and I apologies for this all being bunched up, I keep pressing return to start a new line, but nothing happens!!!)

#2 ToDieForEntertainment

ToDieForEntertainment

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Run a Murder Mystery Entertainment Company, To Die For Entertainment

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

By the way, if any committed actors want an audition, check out www.todieforentertainment.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users