#1 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Did anyone go last night?
Have wanted to go for years but always put off by the late start/finish so finally decided to go this year and face the night bus home after!
What a brilliant night out, absolutely loved it.
So professional bearing in mind the limited rehearsal time and all the casts performed brilliantly.
Once were the deserved winners.
Only downside was Rylen (no idea how he spells his name) was one of the judges, who at first was quite funny, then as the evening went on got boring and just loved the sound of his own voice. Someone should tell him "less is more"

One more moan but I am going to save that for the bad behaviour in the theatre thread and the Wicked fans wont be happy :)

#2 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

It was a vast improvement on previous years in terms of organisation.
the acts were as usual brilliant.

Thought Spamalot should have won didnt understand all the shows giving wicked so many points.

#3 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Loved it, loved it, loved it.  And I thought Rylan was funny - obviously enjoying himself.  As was Mandy Dingle.  Katrina was a triumph, a flipping triumph! I loved the atmosphere around me, people dancing in the aisles and just out for a good laugh.  Once was the obvious winner for me, the early morning dew (!) was cherry on cake-ness.

My second year attending.  Last years scoreboard was disappointing, but didn't detract from the entertainment of the evening.

Phantom ident was my favourite too.

#4 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Agree about Wicked. I didnt get that one at all, most bizarre choice of song.
Worth the ticket price alone just to see Bonnie Langford doing her high kicks
I also loved the Viva Forever ident

#5 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

I went and had a brilliant time. It was so much better organised and slicker than last year (which was quite a mess with the scoring board not working properly etc). So pleased Once won. Thought they really deserved it.
Personally I enjoyed Wicked's performance but that might be because I am German and loved hearing them sind a song in my language (their pronounciation wasn't too bad by the way).

All in all a great night out. I've been going to West End Eurovision since it started and it's great to see how much the event has developed over the years.

#6 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

I had such a good night at west end eurovision. Totally loved Wicked's performance (I have a thing for people singing in German. Especially when it's done well by such a talented cast!), Once, Phantom and Top Hat. Once I tuned out the irritating celebrity judges, it was all good. ;)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users