43 replies to this topic

#41 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

I think this award is pointless. It cheapens the Oliviers..

#42 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Who do you guys think has been deserving of an Olivier award over the years but hasn't ever received one? For me, it's Caissie Levy for Ghost and Ramin Karimloo for his work in Phantom/Love Never Dies. Sure, Love Never Dies wasn't a massive hit and had it's downsides, but I still think he deserves the recognition.

#43 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 26 January 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

I think this award is pointless. It cheapens the Oliviers..

I don't think the award cheapens it at all. I think it's brilliant that the Oliviers celebrate London Theatre, and the bulk of that is, of course, the long-running shows still playing. And the fact that it's the audiences who gets to vote for it makes it even better!

#44 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

ITV will be broadcasting highlights of the Olivier Awards 2014 ceremony again this year on the night of the awards. They've not said at what time or how long for, though. ITV will also be sponsoring the Covent Garden piazza event, too. http://www.thestage....campaign=buffer

Seems a bit silly to me that BBC Radio 2 will then also be broadcasting a 2-hour highlights show a week after the ceremony as previously announced...
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users