48 replies to this topic

#31 SueD

SueD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostAnthony, on 15 June 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Kerry Ellis- there's no denying she can sing, but I'm at a loss to see what the fuss is about this woman. She appears to be everywhere at the moment. And she just seemed out of place. I mean it's supposed to be West End Men, not West End Men and friends, or West End Men and a West End Lady. They didn't even make use of her for a duet.

The night I went Kerry Ellis sang a duet with Lee Mead,maybe that didn't happen due to him still not being well?

#32 famecoco

famecoco

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yes for the 1st week, Lee and Kerry were duetting on As Long As Your Mine. But since he's been ill (except for press night) they've cut that song.

#33 M.D

M.D

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

They didn't sing together on Friday night either.

#34 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

The duet was cut when I went too. Shame as it's one of my favourite songs. One of the others could have done it, surely - Matt even played the role!

I'll be interested to hear what Carly does.

#35 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Anybody been this week? What did Carly sing?

#36 JAD

JAD

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

View Postfreckles, on 22 June 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Quite possibly songs from Shrek and Legally Blonde plus some of her favourites.

Now has this show made any money and been a success opening the door for more shows of this kind?  At £18 a seat even for it's closing day it has been the bargain basement of West End productions. Not a good show for the CV.

#37 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostJAD, on 22 June 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

Now has this show made any money and been a success opening the door for more shows of this kind?  At £18 a seat even for it's closing day it has been the bargain basement of West End productions. Not a good show for the CV.
Considering you are only posting to be spiteful, I don't see how any of this is your concern. And I doubt - given the celebrity factor some bring to the table as well as others' general quality and talent (and awards and former productions) - that any of the performers need to worry about their CV anyway.

#38 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Legally Blonde and At Last. She joined in with Bohemien Rhapsody. Possibly a duet with Lee, but honestly I forget. It was a good show - and exactly what it said it was. Cringe at Matt singing Busted though. On the west end. In a suit. Doing boy band dancing.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#39 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

I went on Wednesday, she did Out Tonight , At Last, Legally Blonde and was part of One Day More and Bohemian Rhapsody

#40 JAD

JAD

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostCactus, on 22 June 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

Considering you are only posting to be spiteful, I don't see how any of this is your concern. And I doubt - given the celebrity factor some bring to the table as well as others' general quality and talent (and awards and former productions) - that any of the performers need to worry about their CV anyway.

Don't be so bloody rude. It's much my concern as it it yours.  

Such a heavily discounted, bargain basement show cannot be good for the CV. Celebrity status men like Matt Willis will find work because he is 'famous'. This hasn't set the West End alight. Critics were not particularly enamoured  and voiced their suspicions about the thing being an audition. These men do have talent. This was the wrong vehicle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users