Jump to content


- - - - -

National Theatre Box Office


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Alexandra

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Can I just say how brilliant this box office is. I managed to screw up two bookings in a spectacular fashion, and then arrive late for a third (Strange Interlude - started at 6.30pm - who knew? well, I did, at one time) and they sorted everything out for me with a minimum of fuss. Thank you, box office people.

#2 VDCNI

VDCNI

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Has the Strange Interlude time changed - it says 7pm on my confirmation.

#3 Alexandra

Alexandra

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Some performances start at 6.30pm and some at 7pm. Apparently they thought it was going to run longer than it does. Though I'm not sure why that led to two different start times. Anyway when the next booking period comes up they are going to change it.

#4 Abby

Abby

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

NT customer service is generally really good - always friendly and efficient. I've seen a lot of posh old people being deeply rude to them as well, and they are remarkably patient. I'd end up on a GBH charge if it was me.

#5 Polly1

Polly1

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Yes, always v helpful. Had to return Othello ticket yesterday due to illness (boo) but refund handled politely and efficiently (contrast to the Globe who did sell my ticket but I got several different stories and def not as smiley on the phone).
However - major gripe with NT - the Box Office phone message now starts with a begging announcement from Alex Jennings re. 5% donation which is now added to your bill unless you are prepared to tell the staff that you don't want to pay it.  Tantamount to blackmail.

#6 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostPolly1, on 30 May 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Yes, always v helpful. Had to return Othello ticket yesterday due to illness (boo) but refund handled politely and efficiently (contrast to the Globe who did sell my ticket but I got several different stories and def not as smiley on the phone).
However - major gripe with NT - the Box Office phone message now starts with a begging announcement from Alex Jennings re. 5% donation which is now added to your bill unless you are prepared to tell the staff that you don't want to pay it.  Tantamount to blackmail.

Yes, the BO is nearly always great. Friendly folk, always happy to deal with returns etc, no questions asked. And they even deal with my fussy requests of turning NT credit into programme vouchers. But that phone message is not on, really. Essentially, it's getting you to donate as you feel a right scrooge if you don't. And embarassing too. That's why form now on I'll only book with them online, where I can not donate without anyone knowing. Not that I don't want to donate. I love the NT. I just can't afford it.



#7 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

    Dis Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostAlexandra, on 30 May 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Some performances start at 6.30pm and some at 7pm. Apparently they thought it was going to run longer than it does. Though I'm not sure why that led to two different start times.

Probably, 6.30 for people who have problems with late curtain-downs and 7.00 for those who have problems with early curtain-ups.

#8 Alexandra

Alexandra

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Oh yeah, that makes sense. But it totally screwed me and I wasn't alone - never seen so many latecomers.

#9 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

No, the 6.30pm performances are only early previews (first 2 I think- tonight is 7pm), since they'd imagine it would run longer then, as most shows do, and press night- always with a traditional early start time. All other performances start at 7pm, and 1pm for Sat and midweek matinees, and 1.30pm for Sunday matinees, which always start later at the NT anyway.



#10 Alf

Alf

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 30 May 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yes, the BO is nearly always great. Friendly folk, always happy to deal with returns etc, no questions asked. And they even deal with my fussy requests of turning NT credit into programme vouchers. But that phone message is not on, really. Essentially, it's getting you to donate as you feel a right scrooge if you don't. And embarassing too. That's why form now on I'll only book with them online, where I can not donate without anyone knowing. Not that I don't want to donate. I love the NT. I just can't afford it.
That's a brilliant idea, I never would've thought of that!
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users