28 replies to this topic

#11 DrP

DrP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

What happened to that weird announcement that it was coming to the west end - it even briefly went on sale at the Duchess if I remember rightly. Is that a different production to these two?

I also remember reading a blog from a director who claimed to have the sole UK rights and was (apparently) very close to bringing the OBC cast over... anyone else remember this?

#12 DeNada

DeNada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostDrP, on 02 July 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

What happened to that weird announcement that it was coming to the west end - it even briefly went on sale at the Duchess if I remember rightly. Is that a different production to these two?

I also remember reading a blog from a director who claimed to have the sole UK rights and was (apparently) very close to bringing the OBC cast over... anyone else remember this?

Different production - that was the one from the "director" (actually a "producer", the now 18 (?) year old Ollie Southgate) who had wangled a deal for bringing over the cast.

I assume, as he's stopped dropping hints about it on Twitter and the show's gone on general release to pros and amateurs, that this no longer going to happen.

#13 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

I am confused by your comments as it is on sale at the Landor Theatre from 7th August until 14th September and we bought tickets for it some weeks ago ?

#14 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

i think scott garnham is doing it? and word on the vine that cassidy jansen, katie bernstein, sabrina aloueche craig mather are all in for it too.not too much online about it on youtube yet. brilliant names though

#15 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostDavid J, on 14 June 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Do the theatre allocate a seat for you or do you choose one at the performance?

How is the seating space for someone over 6 feet?
As has been said, individual dining chair seating. You should be OK on the front row if you can avoid the actors!
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#16 DeNada

DeNada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

i think scott garnham is doing it? and word on the vine that cassidy jansen, katie bernstein, sabrina aloueche craig mather are all in for it too.not too much online about it on youtube yet. brilliant names though

Why would there be three girls in it?  Or are they just auditioning?

#17 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

i've seen those names thrown around. also sophia ragavelas too. i don't know if it has been cast yet even

#18 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Cast has been announced.

http://blog.musicalt...o-open.html?m=1

#19 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

seems there may be another production too? (Edinburgh Fringe)
http://www.westendfr...le-of-show.html

#20 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Just home from the first preview this evening - what a fantastic show! Incredibly funny, lots of "in jokes" for musical lovers, I expect there were even more for people in the business and for music scholars.

I would never have guessed it was the first preview - the cast are incredible and work so well together, clearly enjoying every minute.

This was my first time at the Landor; the small venue seems to fit the show perfectly, but the cast are huge on talent. Well worth seeing.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users