- - - - -

Musicals You Would Love To See Come To The West End?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 SuperSecretBoyband

SuperSecretBoyband

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Aida (I remember reading an Alexia Khadime interview where she said that'd be her dream role, and I'd love to see her in it)
Seen:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (UK tour, Wolverhampton), RENT 20th Anniversary Concert (Stoke-on-Trent), Evita (UK tour, Wolverhampton), Wicked (London), The Commitments (London), Les Miserables (London), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (UK tour, Birmingham)

#22 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostMS1995, on 31 May 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Yes! Next to Normal!!! Preferably with Alice Ripley if her voice is back as it was destroyed by the end of her broadway run! If not her then Marin Mazzie!

I heard a clip of her singing from a few months back - her voice just isn't the same anymore, it was quite sad to hear.

#23 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Pippin for sure!!

#24 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Yes  Pippin with patina please !!

#25 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Pippin was on at the Menier Chocolate Factory a couple of years ago and sold terribly, so much so there was a fairly standard offer for £10/£15 best available tickets. The Broadway production might well do a lot better though, but I doubt anyone is going to take that risk.

#26 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 31 May 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Pippin was on at the Menier Chocolate Factory a couple of years ago and sold terribly, so much so there was a fairly standard offer for £10/£15 best available tickets. The Broadway production might well do a lot better though, but I doubt anyone is going to take that risk.

Pippin was never a hit over here like it was on Broadway, the first London production only ran for 85 performances, it would nice if it could come over but I doubt it will.

#27 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

Bombshell would be wonderful to see (btw, is Smash season two around in UK yet?).
Wonderland has some great songs, I think. Maybe it could be resurrected from the flop on Broadway?
My favourite musical that I've not seen on stage is Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

#28 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

I think pippin will do alright if they sell it as the production tbat swept this years tony awards (like it undoubtedly will)
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#29 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3363 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

i dont think tony awards matter if jo public dont have anyother interest in seeing it. plenty of tony winners have flopped

smash season 2 starts july on sky atlantic (although i had also read a rumour it was going to sky living, either way its expected in july)

id love Aida to come, as much as i live alexia im not sure i see her as aida. louise dearman and ramin karimloo could be great choices if it were to open soon

#30 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Poststevepearman, on 01 June 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Wonderland has some great songs, I think. Maybe it could be resurrected from the flop on Broadway?

Unlikely. Wildhorn, for some reason, never brings anything to the UK other than Jekyll and Hyde. We'll more than likely see an improved version in Germany, Austria or Switzerland in a few years that is hugely successful (like with all other Wildhorn musicals!) but I doubt we'll ever get it in the UK.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users