- - - - -

Musicals You Would Love To See Come To The West End?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Surely the amount of family/disney shows mentioned would make the West End perhaps too cheerful/childish? Every once in a while we need a good cry/drama/adult comedy :P

#52 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'd love to see Kristina come over but I'm not sure if it would succeed.

#53 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Not just for the West End, but I think Disney should have a go at making Hercules as a musical! It would be fantastic with the gospel choir (a bit like Little Shop of Horrors in some ways)

#54 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

View Postjamescrispy94, on 02 June 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Not just for the West End, but I think Disney should have a go at making Hercules as a musical! It would be fantastic with the gospel choir (a bit like Little Shop of Horrors in some ways)

I love Hercules but it would need expanding story wise,, Hades is the only main character in the film who doesn't song so he would need a song or two, I'd like to see them do Mulan but it be might to tricky to pull off.

#55 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

The Follies revival. One of the few Sondheim shows I've never seen.
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#56 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Next to normal needs to come here! It's probably my favourite musical ever! So powerful and emotional! A highlight from my broadway visit that will stay with me for a long time!!

Also only recently discovered AIDA and have fallen in love with the score!!

I really think if people actually had seen The Addams Family on broadway you would not be wanting a transfer! Good set and the odd good song but unless its book gets re-written, it's terrible! Shame as they could have done so much with this title!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#57 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

The entire Chicago show (pre-B'way) is on YouTube and I love it -_-  Maybe I just like trashy stuff, haha. But as I said before, the story has been heavily altered 3 times since its Broadway run (for each production- the US tour, non-equity tour and the Australian productions) with songs cut, storylines changed and better songs added. The subplot has now been changed to revolve around Gomez keeping secrets from Morticia (about Wednesday's marriage), as apposed to a lack of subplot and the Lucas/Wednesday story has been ironed out. As as the Mal/Alice subplot (In the Arms has been axed, for example).

Hopefully when it eventually makes it to London, we'll have a definitive version. Apparently the Australian production is the best yet and it has opened to rave reviews.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#58 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

id actually like to see a production of Heathcliff, i think its got some great songs and with a better production and cast (not as a cliff richard vanity project) it could work

#59 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Wonderland... I really wanna see this onstage!

#60 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Next to Normal .. The light in the piazza...

The little Mermaid was terrible. Maybe a new production would be an exciting prospect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users