45 replies to this topic

#41 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Went along, but was only offered an Upper Circle ticket - which I suppose is good, they were doing very good business for a Tuesday. Bowled over by the play, production and performances... didn't have huge expectations, but wow... lots to think about. Definitely recommended.

#42 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

Glad you had such a good time!

#43 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Late coming to this: good central performances and certainly TW wrote stuff an actor can get his/her teeth into didn't he? But then how I would love to have taken a thick pencil of any colour to some of the scenes. Didn't like Boss Finlay, neither the directorial decisions nor the actor and could have done without the minor characters, the bar man, the 'friends', women and men. Nice set, nice sound stuff.

A couple chitchatting behind me, bloke next to me turned round and told them to shut up...you could feel the frisson. Seemed a much younger crowd than at The National.

#44 rain0000

rain0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hi - I'm here for some advice about this play. Next week I'm going to see it with my friend, he is disabled. Loud sound effects such as thunder and lighting make him jump. After reading the reviews he is getting really worked up about it, and may not go. So I was wondering how often are loud effects used in this show? I know about the bar scene in act 2, but what about act 1? - thank you.

#45 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Act One is ok, just a bit of rumbling and maybe a lightening flash..It anticipates the bar scene which is pretty full on . We were in Row G stalls and it was loud for me and flashy! At one point there is lightening, thunder and two tvs blaring out. But if prewarned I think worth enduring. He wont be the only one to jump! If he gets distressed he needs to be ready for it with earphone protection. There is also a woman screaming on the side and a pretty gruesome fight but you could analyse the moves so that won't bother anyone.

The last act is superbly done and worth waiting for. It wasn't the noise of the elements that irritated me but the over acting of the Boss character in the second act!

#46 rain0000

rain0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thank you so much Lynette! I really hope he will still come, he loves Tennessee Williams and Kim Cattrall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users