45 replies to this topic

#31 luce76

luce76

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

I have got a spare ticket (stalls M 29) for the matinee this coming Saturday. A friend has had to go into hospital and is unable to come. The face value is £52 but she will take £40 if anyone is interested.

#32 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Saw this yesterday matinee and really enjoyed it! Act 2 was far better in terms of pace and tension as I felt Act 1 dragged a little but was needed to set up the scenes in Act 2. 1st class company throughout, throughly enjoying the leading man with his top off for most of the 1st act lol. Kim I thought showed just what an outstanding actress she is. Loved her.

Interestingly, booked restricted view dress circle seats for £16 and was upgraded to centre stalls but the dress circle was open??? Wasn't complaining lol
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#33 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Saw this tonight and just loved it from start to finish. Kim was her usual brilliant self, but I never expected her to be 'upstaged'. Seth just stole the night, which was a pleasant surprise. Certainly one to watch.

After reading some of the comments here, I expected to drop off for a minute of two in places, but I really didn't - it kept me interested every step of the way. It's a strange play though, isn't it? Only 2 storylines seem to get resolved, but I think it works that way - the others I feel the audience are able to fill in any blanks that are left with ease.

Interesting parallels with Death of a Salesman I though - nice to see that the American Dream messes the young up just as much as the old.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#34 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

Is it not selling well then?

#35 Lady Nijo

Lady Nijo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Quite a few empty seats where I was sitting up in the circle. From what I could see, there were some sexy men in this show, lead firmly by the actor playing Tom Junior!

#36 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

When I saw this it wasn't sold well. The Lilian Baylis was closed off and few people in the Dress Circle. Phenomenal play though.

#37 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm under 25, but the only under 25 seats left are in the slips. But the performance I'm looking for isn't very full - do you think if I turned up at the box office before the show they might offer me a better seat at the 12 rate?

#38 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostRH1234, on 29 July 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'm under 25, but the only under 25 seats left are in the slips. But the performance I'm looking for isn't very full - do you think if I turned up at the box office before the show they might offer me a better seat at the £12 rate?

They have done this for me in the past, but make sure you have your ticket at box office collection, not by post. They're less likely to re-allocate your seat if you already have your ticket in hand, in my experience anyway.

#39 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

You can't get the U25 tix sent to you, so that wouldn't be a problem. If I were you, I'd go on the day and ask. It's always worth a try, and I think they are likely to do it. The OV box office have always been v good in my experience. Other option is book an U25 one up in the Liilian Bayliss, and hope for an upgrade.

#40 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

My under 25 ticket for front row of the Baylis was upgraded to stalls. Seems like you'll be lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users