#41 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Postmallardo, on 25 July 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I'd have loved to see her Lady Macbeth opposite her husband.  Ethan Hawke is a giant step down.

Oh god yes. But I'm guessing she was on baby sitting duty.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#42 gazzaw13

gazzaw13

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Really enjoyed this.  3.5 hours just flew by.  Although difficult to sympathize with any of the characters this is an engaging and thought provoking play.  An interesting mix of naturalistic and poetic language, good performances and a great set.  Highly recommended.

#43 SoulofaChampion

SoulofaChampion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Anyone know what time would be good to start queueing for day seats on Sunday (last performance)?

#44 TheatreMadGoer

TheatreMadGoer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Not sure as was nowhere near sold out this afternoon. Got upgraded from back row of circle to row M stalls. I actually enjoyed this, though the older version of the son was too stilted. Set was amazing, looking forward to seeing Soutra's Candide designs. Anne Marie wonderful,  as was her Saint Joan. Agree re boats though Mourning was more spectacular. Charles Edwards very good but preferred him in House. Watkins brilliant as ever, fond memories of him in Servant to Two Masters @ RSC, prefer the original to One Man, heresy I know.

#45 hefferlump

hefferlump

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostSoulofaChampion, on 29 August 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Anyone know what time would be good to start queueing for day seats on Sunday (last performance)?

I went on Thursday, turned up about 8:55am and there were only about five of us there. I don't day seat often enough to know how much the weekend makes a difference but I don't think you'll have to be too early :)

Very much enjoyed it, sets were gorgeous and I wasn't expecting to laugh so much. Anne-Marie Duff is amazing, Charles Edwards is a joy, and I realise now I've never given Jason Watkins enough credit before. Really fantastic.

#46 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

So relieved that I skipped all reviews and much reading of this, Charles Spencer in the telegraph said it kept springing surprises but since he gave away most of them in his review I'm not sure that, that will have been possible for all the poor saps viewing after him. As it was I had no idea about this about from it was very long so the staging soon had Latecomer and I grinning in delight if craning our necks and this was fun, fun, fun all the way. No one does misery and brokeness like Ann Marie Duff and could have quite happily watched Charlies Edwards doing asides all evening.

After A Doll's House in the afternoon this was a day of much sitting and revolving stages while people disintergrated which always comes high on my list of good ways to spend a saturday.

Query when did it become acceptable to tell audience members next to you that you have been taken ill and must get out mid performance just because you've spotted a spare seat you like the look of? Where we not meant to notice his miriculous recovery?

#47 mrkringas

mrkringas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I had no idea this would turn out to be so funny.

Attended the final performance this afternoon. High melodrama but Charles Edwards was hilarious. Brilliant performance.

Great work all round and time just flew by.

#48 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Generally enjoyed the production, wonderful sets & costumes & the cast didn't disappointment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users