• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 Carly

Carly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

I don't see anything wrong with going to the stage door every now and then,  as long as you're polite about it.  But I think some people can spoil it for others, and really need to learn to show some respect and consideration to both the actors and the people around them.
Mind you, the few times I have 'stage doored'  , I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty, like I was intruding.  I only go if I really enjoy a show or particularly admire an actor though.
I remember waiting at stage door for Legally Blonde at The Savoy one night, hoping for a chance to  meet Sheridan Smith. It was madness... and not just because of the fans but the 'autograph hunters' (and I agree with what some of you have said about them)  , and the paparazzi as well.  It was at the time that DVO was in the show and there were 3 or 4 paps waiting for her right outside the gate, In the end Sheridan snook out straight into a car at the foyer entrance and the paps chased after. And I don't blame the actors that avoid the stage door.  It must be awful leaving work to be harrassed like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users