91 replies to this topic

#21 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

I know :/ The sadder thing is that people have been reporting for months that they have been able to get tickets with this big a discount.

#22 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

I have recently rediscovered going to the shows on my own. Used to do it all the time as a child/teen. So much more fun as an adult though as u can get pissed/take drugs before u go and no one is gona criticise u!!

Officially u have not experienced musical theatre if u havnt got loaded b4 hand! Seriously, next time u go see Wicked go to ur local jobcentre the day b4 and score some stuff - best 3 hours u will ever have!

Off to see A Chorus Line 2moro night - il b the one supping from a bottle of whiskey and gurning their gums off

#23 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostMrs Lovett, on 14 June 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Officially u have not experienced musical theatre if u havnt got loaded b4 hand! Seriously, next time u go see Wicked go to ur local jobcentre the day b4 and score some stuff - best 3 hours u will ever have!

When they sing "I'm flying hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh defying gravity" do you call out "you and me both!"?

#24 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

I often go on my own simply because It's something I enjoy doing alone!

#25 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

When i first saw the title of this thread, i thought someone had set up a dating thread or something :P

#26 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

There's a great idea - theatredates.com - I can see it now. LOL

#27 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Haha imagine the pairings! This time next year you would only see people with their online partners in the audience!

#28 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Haha great idea! Theatre Speed dating-you sit with one person for Act 1, another for Act 2 whoever is the best behaved audience member gets another date ;)
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

#29 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

The problem with that is, the person who gets another date, it the person who talks the least... so therefore surely it is the worse date? :P Maybe it would be better if you had to spend the interval with the first one and the bit after the show with the other so you at least see if they can communicate? (Although as you implied, if they talk in the actual show they don't get another date)
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#30 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Oh I don't know there's something to be said for the strong and silent type...or just the silent type ;)

Perhaps some kind of interval speed dating: tell me your thoughts so far in 90 seconds to find out if your theatre views are compatible :)
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

Also tagged with single ticket, alone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo