#71 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Saw this last week. Got stalls row N right in the middle for 27.50 about 2 hours before the performance. There were quite a lot of empty seats but then it was a Wednesday matinee.

I quite enjoyed it but mainly because of Daniel Radcliffe's performance. Thought he was great. The play itself does drag along quite a bit and I found the two aunts rather strangely portrayed. Not one I would be tempted to watch again but I'm glad I managed to catch it. This is the secon play I've seen Daniel Radcliffe in (the first being Equus) - quite a talented stage actor if you ask me.

#72 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

Off for day seats. It's that early I can't help but wonder if this is all a dream...
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#73 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

Astonish?

Don't count on it!
The season should just have been called Star Casting. It's all beige theatre. I've tried to like each show but they have all been duds so far, though I do think Radcliffe is improving as an actor all the time and I was impressed with him in this.

#74 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 27 July 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Astonish?

Don't count on it!
The season should just have been called Star Casting. It's all beige theatre. I've tried to like each show but they have all been duds so far, though I do think Radcliffe is improving as an actor all the time and I was impressed with him in this.

The Shakespeare's will be the highlight - at least we know they are great if done right. Personally I preferred POP over P&A, so we shall see how this goes.

#75 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Just back in from this - just brilliant all around. When the curtain first came up I wonder if they'd borrowed the set from The Old Vic - I'm sure they have the set from The Playboy of The Western World knocking around somewhere - but once the two Aunties were on stage I couldn't help but get lost in it all. Daniel was brilliant, as we're the rest of the cast. My favourite of the season so far.

#76 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

How easily are day seats obtained for this? Is it madness because of Daniel Radcliffe? Might try it for day seat prices but have been unimpressed by the season so far.

#77 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

View Postwickedgrin, on 28 July 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

How easily are day seats obtained for this? Is it madness because of Daniel Radcliffe? Might try it for day seat prices but have been unimpressed by the season so far.

I arrived at 6:30 and was second in line. I didn't really keep count of the line behind me, but I'm sure I could have turned up at 7:30 instead and still got a hold of some. That said, I got front row for £10 so I was rather happy.

#78 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for that reply. A £10 front row seat is certainly a bargain but 6.30am is too early for me - LOL.

#79 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

Thought this was a pretty good production of a pretty mediocre play. Excellent acting from Daniel Radcliffe and the supporting cast though - they all completely got the style.

Much preferred Peter & Alice.

#80 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Saw this a couple of weeks ago, thought the play was good overall - Daniel Radcliffe was far and away the best thing in it, such star quality. Looking forward to seeing him in (hopefully) many other West End shows. As a whole production, I thought Peter and Alice was better than Cripple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users