Tony Awards Tonight... Predictions?
Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:47 AM
Im not sure it should have won Best Score but otherwise im pleased the overhyped Matilda didnt do the sweep.
And so what if it is American pride, if Charlie (for example) wins next year over Mormon or Once will it be British pride?
Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:09 AM
Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:48 AM
Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:51 AM
Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:09 AM
I saw Kinky Boots a few weeks ago and didn't think it was amazing, but now I am listening to the CD it is growing on me quite alot and a big fan of a few of the songs, weird! Suprised it won six awards though, I did love Matilda when I saw it in London last year.
Most of the performances are on youtube, seemed like a fun night, such a shame the Oliviers isn't televised!
Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:21 AM
Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:40 AM
1) Woo I had the best predictions
2) Audra McDonald is a goddess and if her current tour doesn't come to the uk I will be so upset!
3) I loved the Rannells, Hilty, Benanti number!
4) Why can't we do the Oliviers like that! They were brilliant!
5) Proud of Pippin picking up lots of awards!
6) I think that Kinky won because the numbers are more memorable, I have listened to the cast recording once, and saw the performance earlier, and caught myself singing Everybody say yeah earlier.
7) Patina Miller in Pippin is sex on a stick
8) I WILL see these awards live at some point in my life!
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked
Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:20 AM
Hairspray is ten times the show that Kinky Boots is, intelligent lyrics, great song pastiches, great writing for character and tunes that kick Lauper's effort into touch.
Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:50 AM
Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:53 AM
I think my highlights were the performances from Motown and Cinderella (seriously can we have Cinderella on the West End? Thanks.), Liam Neeson's "I'm the spirit of tragedy. Screw you." and of course, the opening number. Neil Patrick Harris is awesome.
Planned: Once (London)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users