No replies to this topic

#1 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well, I'm delighted to say that the powers that be in my neck of the woods (the Croydon Operatic and Dramatic Association - CODA) are letting me direct The Railway Children this autumn.  It's the Mike Kenny adaptation, as seen at Waterloo Station, although sadly not quite room for a real steam train.  It's such an engaging, funny, entertaining and ultimately moving script.

We're performing at the Charles Cryer Theatre in Carshalton, South London from 30 October to 2 November (half term week), and we're having a meet and greet for anyone who would be interested in taking part in the production on Wednesday 16 June at 8pm at Royal Russell School, Coombe Lane, Croydon.  I'm hoping to get an ensemble of children in the show every now and again, so families very welcome.  Auditions will be on Wednesday 17 July at the same venue.

And so in advance of that, this Friday 14 June, we're holding a quiz from 7:30 pm upstairs at the Green Dragon pub in Croydon (at the junction of the High Street and Surrey Street) in aid of the society and the production.  Entry is £6, or £5 for CODA members.  I'm running it, along with the guy that played Robocop in my 60 second spoof earlier this year.  It will be an evening of great fun and puzzlement, with questions you can guess or argue about - with, perhaps, a couple of theatre-themed questions.  I have plumbed the depths of Youtube for the music round...  Prize for the best-named quiz team too.

Anyway, please say hello if you can make the quiz, or let me know if The Railway Children appeals.

All the best,

Michael
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users