28 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Is this not longer than the 50 mins WOS states? Strange! Going tonight, would like to know how many jelly babies to take.

#2 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Take a load!!  It's longer than 50mins.  Also take some jelly babies for the cast too, all on "profit share".  Only Belinda Lang is getting the $$$  :(

#3 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Can't be much of a profit either, looking at the live seating plan on the Park Theatre website.

#4 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

The main webpage for this show doesn't even mention that Belinda Lang is playing in this. Surely she's the principal selling point of the show? Don't they want to attract an audience? This main page should prominently name Belinda Lang and list a couple of her popular credits. I've enjoyed seeing several of the other actors before, so I trust that Lynette and her jelly babies have a good night out tonight.

#5 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

It's 2 hrs 15 says theatre. Thanks HG, I'll let ya all know of course.

#6 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostLynette, on 13 June 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Is this not longer than the 50 mins WOS states? Strange! Going tonight, would like to know how many jelly babies to take.
Take a book too - it is one of the hardest types of play for an under-cast fringe company to tackle.

#7 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

It has to be better than the truly dreadful Fringe version in Edinburgh a couple of years ago with Lionel Blair.

#8 bingomatic

bingomatic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

I hope it's above average, I've got a ticket for next Wednesday...

On the subject of the cast.  Is it THE Rachel Atkins playing Mrs Rowley ? Mike's 'new' wife from The Archers.

#9 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Just got back. A really good production: they have made a classic into something fresh with a few contemporary songs based on the text and a bit of larking about and a real belief in the story.  Jessica Swale directs with confidence obviously - I think she's doing something for The Globe this year. All the actors v good [ 12 in cast, no duds ] costume excellent , had to be cos you are sitting so near, set, basically three large mirrors, simple and worked a treat. I recommend.

Now for the theatre: great foyer spaces, two bars and concrete floors, v urban chic. they serve nice sarnies and hope to do more food later on. There is a fish and chip shop next door and a couple of cafes - how the chic will creep we have yet to see but it will as there is a development opposite for apartments and more 'spaces' and some student accommodation I think. The theatre is just a few paces from Finsbury Park tube so dead easy to get to [ for me anyway] Inside the larger of the two spaces is a la Donmar, a bit smaller I think. Very welcoming staff and nice buzz tonight as it was press night. So many luvvies I gave up counting.

#10 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

ps yes The Vicki Tucker takes the part of Mrs Rowley who should be a male steward but actually works very well as old family nanny.

Also tagged with Park Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users