Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

I know!!!
I think they have to do a general survey (u know the ones u get after the show by email) to work out how many white English turn up.

There r some rumours that The Lion King may have to close too coz, statistically, 98% of the audience is black English. I'm conflicted - I like The Lion King

#42 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postxanderl, on 18 June 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I can't see any big show risking opening in the Victoria Palace while its in the middle of a building site, so I suspect Billy Elliot is safe for the time being.

Ahh, but the tweet never mentioned another show opening, just a show potentially closing!  Billy could easily be closing.

I do think some people in this thread need to learn to read sarcasm though, clearly one poster cannot possibly be being serious...

#43 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hear, hear

#44 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

I guess it isn't Billy as it has just extended to june 2014!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#45 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 18 June 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Mousetrap, now that would not shock me!
Nooooo I really hope it isnt Mousetrap :(

#46 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostMS1995, on 19 June 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

I guess it isn't Billy as it has just extended to june 2014!

Booking period extensions can easily be cut back, both Viva Forever and Top Hat were booking until mid 2014 only to announce closures this year.

#47 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

And often the bigger the extension the more likely the closure.

I do wonder with the Miss Saigon announcement embargo if it could be Jersey Boys and the transfer will no longer happen, or there will be a gap

I still think A Chorus Line is the most likely when you look at the West Ends largest venues and whats playing in them

#48 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Miss Saigon I imagine will be Spring 2014. I think its Barnum coming in this year.

#49 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

While I realise that they often announce an extension when there is a risk of closure, I would be surprised if they extended just after a meeting where they decided that the show was closing!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#50 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Billy Elliot was only booking until before the extension just before Christmas so I guess they want to see how ticket sales fare over the next few months, also a UK tour is in the works and I doubt they'll have a tour running at the same time as London.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users