Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yes YYYY

View PostTitan, on 22 June 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

john barrowman would be an ideal choice but sadly he is booked up
He certainly loves his panto doesn't he? I used to be a massive fan (and there's no denying he has a great voice) but he is so OTT and somehow always manages to bring his mum and dad in to everything. Plus of course his partner, sister and dog ;-) .

#72 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

I cant take him seriously as an actor anymore but he is perfect for panto

#73 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

baz in the mail says another musicals ticket sales have fallen through the floor but doesnt say which one

#74 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Ooooo It would be memory lane to go to the Palladium for a panto. It was my first experience of west end as a child. Lost count of the number of 'names' I've seen there year after year; Nookie Bear being a favourite lol :D

#75 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostTitan, on 05 July 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

baz in the mail says another musicals ticket sales have fallen through the floor but doesnt say which one

Wonder which one it is, I'm thinking its Once but it could be one of the long runners.

#76 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostJon, on 05 July 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Wonder which one it is, I'm thinking its Once but it could be one of the long runners.
Once's ticket sales can't have fallen through the floor - don't think they've ever regularly sold out enough to merit that kind of a figure of speech.   That phrase suggests to me that it is a musical that was at one point very successful.  My guess is it's the likes of Rock of Ages, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Thriller or one of the other ones that most people have forgotten is still running!

#77 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postposter J, on 05 July 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Once's ticket sales can't have fallen through the floor - don't think they've ever regularly sold out enough to merit that kind of a figure of speech.   That phrase suggests to me that it is a musical that was at one point very successful.  My guess is it's the likes of Rock of Ages, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Thriller or one of the other ones that most people have forgotten is still running!

True, Billy Elliot's been rumoured to be closing for ages although that recently extended its Booking period but I wouldn't be surprised by Thriller or WWRY. With Curious Incident likely be at the Apollo for a while, I think Nimax probably wants to free up the Lyric or Garrick.

#78 theatremole

theatremole

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

WWRY's audiences are looking very healthy at the moment.

Rock of Ages are really pushing the advertising at the moment, my money would be on them or Billy Elliot announcing.

#79 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

I was at We Will Rock You on Thursday night it was packed, I could only see two empty seats!
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#80 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

I can't see Billy nor WWRY closing any time soon: both still get a decent crowd and should be able to cover their overheads - plus they are both really popular: didn't Billy just get the audience award at the Oliviers?
If I stay awake, it must be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users