29 replies to this topic

#21 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

There has definitely been some interesting points made out here. I could understand that perhaps publishing the figures would have a detrimental effect on the shows, although a lot of people attend shows because they have read good reviews, word of mouth, publicity on TV etc so the figures would probably not change people's opinion on a show as we might think. Needless to say, it's a risk many producers would probably not want to take.

#22 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostJAD, on 22 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

What's that got to do with chat about stage matters? Try sticking to the topic smart arse.
  Do you want your salary published or not? If not, why on earth do you think  an actor would want his published?

#23 JAD

JAD

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Postarmadillo, on 22 June 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Do you want your salary published or not? If not, why on earth do you think  an actor would want his published?

My salary is irrelevant. I don't want to see individual salaries. I'm just interested in how much the people in theatre make  in general, depending on their role. What's wrong in that?

#24 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostJAD, on 22 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

What's that got to do with chat about stage matters? Try sticking to the topic smart arse.

The topic is box office grosses, you're the one who started sticking his nose into pay packets!

#25 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

To perhaps help answer this question without people having to give out salaries, I believe there is an equity minimum of £500-£600 and the West End has a pay scale depending on the size of the theatre (more seats, bigger pay so to speak). Leading actors can get paid anything between £2000-£5000 a month, understudies around £500. The average actor earns less than £15,000 per year. The pay does vary significantly though, depending on the production, the role (lead, ensemble...) and the company.

Hope that perhaps answers things so that we can now stick to the topic of box office grosses

#26 JAD

JAD

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

View Postmystifyre, on 22 June 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

To perhaps help answer this question without people having to give out salaries, I believe there is an equity minimum of £500-£600 and the West End has a pay scale depending on the size of the theatre (more seats, bigger pay so to speak). Leading actors can get paid anything between £2000-£5000 a month, understudies around £500. The average actor earns less than £15,000 per year. The pay does vary significantly though, depending on the production, the role (lead, ensemble...) and the company.

Hope that perhaps answers things so that we can now stick to the topic of box office grosses

Thank you for that and thank you for being pleasant about it. :) :) :)

My apologies for going off topic but all that needed to be said was you're off topic! No need for bitchy troll barstewards trying to get their kicks.

#27 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostJAD, on 23 June 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Thank you for that and thank you for being pleasant about it. :) :) :)

My apologies for going off topic but all that needed to be said was you're off topic! No need for bitchy troll barstewards trying to get their kicks.
Oh the irony of accusing *other* people of being bitchy!

#28 JAD

JAD

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Postarmadillo, on 23 June 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Oh the irony of accusing *other* people of being bitchy!

Oh the irony of someone who has had nothing to say that is remotely connected to the topic. That post has certainly hit a chord with you. You have no true purpose here. I don't see any need for the tone of the replies to my OP.

#29 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Blimey, it's gone a bit BroadwayWorld.com in here.

#30 JAD

JAD

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostFireFingers, on 23 June 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Blimey, it's gone a bit BroadwayWorld.com in here.

So sorry about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users