45 replies to this topic

#41 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

I don't think someone should be praised for poor audience behaviour, I just checked back to make sure and I've only responded to anyone about that. I haven't responded to anyone else who is just expressing an opinion, nor do I feel any need to.

Or is that a swipe at my characterisation of 'trendy metropolitans'? :) If so, I fully stand by it, although it goes much further than any one production. There's a whole culture in this country that I dislike around the forming/chasing/dropping of trends. That's probably more for general discussion though.

#42 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

"Sometimes this place is so off kilter with what I am seeing elsewhere that it is unfathomable ... is it that people here are a particular theatre type?"

#43 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostAlexandra, on 01 July 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

"Sometimes this place is so off kilter with what I am seeing elsewhere that it is unfathomable ... is it that people here are a particular theatre type?"

That's an honest question, I find it interesting. A similar reponse is for Matilda, which has got barely any criticism here, yet I read US chat boards and it's full of people who think it's too dark/confusing/exaggerated etc. It's difficult to square that with the show that I saw and enjoyed at the Cambridge (and with that show, you know that people did see the same thing).

#44 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

That's because most of the people who fill US chat boards are from the USA, isn't it?

#45 Loopyjohn

Loopyjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just seen a few tickets are available for the remaining previews on Tues & Wed this week.  Just booked mine.  Was put off by the £49.50 ticket price but I'll give a £29.50 preview a go.

#46 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

I can't quote on here, but I agree pretty much word for word with what Poly said back in June.

Except I can only vouch for the first hour as after that I left as I couldn't bear the thought of another hour and a half of wandering around aimlessly in the dark, wearing a stupid Commedia/Scream mask in the hope of half seeing some dance ( albeit it on an amazing set with wonderful attention to detail, but it was so bloody dark you could hardly see it half of the time)

First show I've ever left early. I just couldn't be bothered to give it any more of my time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users