14 replies to this topic

#1 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

I am not going to spoil it for anyone (because if anyone had spoilt it for me I would have killed them) but I cannot advise everyone more strongly to GO SEE THIS. Just go, you will be as mind-boggled as I am right now. I haven't had a more enjoyable night out in a long time.

#2 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Derren Brown is always good, looking forward to seeing this this week,

#3 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

I think Derren Brown is great - so deserving of his West End runs and OIivier.
Haven't seen this show but for on of his live shows before, a couple of us came up with a theory for how the show might have worked and it revolved around a huge sense of theatricality so impressive I think he deserves an acting award.
Want to try to see Infamous.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#4 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

I saw svengali a couple of years ago and thought that was impressive - this is SO much better!

#5 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Pity you have to go to Facebook to win tickets on the WoS page.

#6 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

I don't think you have to have an account though. I wasn't logged in that I can remember.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#7 jean_hunt

jean_hunt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Not asking those who've seen it to give anything away, per se (I'm a big fan of magic, so I am well aware that to do so is to ruin it all!) but can I ask: yes or no, is there any gory stuff in this show? (Some of Brown's stuff I find really intriguing but other aspects are quite nauseating, so I'd quite like to gauge the level of ickiness before I booked for a live show!)

#8 KieranJ

KieranJ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

View Postjean_hunt, on 26 June 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Not asking those who've seen it to give anything away, per se (I'm a big fan of magic, so I am well aware that to do so is to ruin it all!) but can I ask: yes or no, is there any gory stuff in this show? (Some of Brown's stuff I find really intriguing but other aspects are quite nauseating, so I'd quite like to gauge the level of ickiness before I booked for a live show!)

Yes. There is a part that involves blood - that's all I'll say. It's pretty gory but nothing out of the ordinary for his show.

#9 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View Postjean_hunt, on 26 June 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Yes, but it goes on for less than 5 minutes.

#10 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

...and is admitted to being a conjuring trick whilst making a potent point at the time.

MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users