7 replies to this topic

#1 Palatio

Palatio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

Does anyone have an understudy list for Charlie and the choc factory?

Thanks

#2 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

Does this really need a thread of its own?

#3 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

This is an interesting one - if not, it kind of indicates "one thread is enough for every aspect of a musical". Threads like Wicked's one rather stretches the case. If so, what is another "aspect" which deserves a thread of its own?

In any case, no, sorry. I'm sure someone will, plenty of people here have seen it (like myself) and I presume some have programmes (unlike myself).

#4 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

One thread surely is enough - pretty much every other show has managed with one thread for years.  And it's not as if the Charlie thread is buried 5 pages back - it's right underneath this one!!!  I don't understand the obsession with starting new threads...

#5 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

It depends, personally I dont like the one thread thing. trying to find information in some of the stupidly long threads is a nightmare, some I just dont bother reading anymore.  If its not just a 'heres my review of said show' thread then fair enough, but if its a bit different, new information, asking a question etc then i see no harm in a new thread. More likely to get answered.

Also, none of us own the board therefore people should be able to write what they like.

#6 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well in fairness, the other thread is a 'spoilers' thread..perhaps the OP didn't want to look?

#7 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostMothers Younger Brother, on 26 June 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Well in fairness, the other thread is a 'spoilers' thread..perhaps the OP didn't want to look?

Oh yes of course, thats a very fair and valid point!!

#8 Palatio

Palatio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well yes exactly re spoilers, but at the time of posting i didnt realise i ought to have to posted all justifications for a new thread.

And the millions of pages  thread theme that sometimes goes on gets rather unworkable and often genuine query posts so often being lost amid tons of inane posts added to it amid the genuinely interesting ones. Kind of makes the forum a bit more tedious amd more of a chore at times than it needs to at times which is a shame.

For a person who does not live on the board and who does not feel the need to read through every page on long threads.......when a far easier specific query with suitably titled new thread could do...if thought out by poster and well managed by powers that be. But  the rigid single thread thing is not always the most helpful of approaches although I see its use to a point to try to collate similar themes...and avoid loads of really tedious extra threads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users