- - - - -

Seat Price Differences For Exactly The Same Seat !

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

I saw Cats on tour at Milton Keynes Theatre yesterday  .. nice modern theatre aircon and everything !!
I sat in stalls E12 - E being the extra legroom row :
Ticket price for Cats seat E12 was £32.50
If you want to see Ghost seat E12 is £45
If you want to see Wicked seat E12 £72.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( these prices all go up £2.50 for weekend performances)

#2 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Is it marked as a premium seat for wicked?
I guess different shows are going to have differing numbers of premium seats and different base prices for normal seats depending on the producers requirements.

#3 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

This is normal - happens in the west end all the time.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#4 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Isn't it also down to production costs too; if a show costs a lot the seats cost more?

#5 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Stalls E12 for Dora The Explorer Live is a relative bargain at £19.

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

yeah im not quite understanding the issue. this has always been the case at every theatre including the west end. its down to producers what they charge for tickets

#7 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

I agree it does depend on the show, but the Wicked tour prices really are extortionate. Was looking at Birmingham and all the seats are expensive, especially when always offers under £20 for seats in London!

#8 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

It's actually a pet hate of mine when people complain about the theatre charging extortionate prices for seats, when they are actually just going by what they are told by the shows producers.

In November it's only costing me about 15 extra to see Wicked in London than it is to see in Dublin...and that's including the flights and hotel I need to get there.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#9 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

That's why I always see shows in London and rarely see tours. Most tours I have seen, if I have seen the show already in London, I've been disappointed by and there is rarely offers. In London I only ever see a show if discounted. I suppose with London the competition does mean prices are more likely to be competitive whereas a one week tour can sell in the provinces. Obviously tours are fantastic for people that can't get to London but as the Midlands is really not that far away I have basically given up on seeing tours!

#10 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Plus when I go to London I can see a matinee and an evening show and usually for the price for the two is the same price as one tour!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users