32 replies to this topic

#31 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5141 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

HG, are you suggesting I share my jelly babies with Harry from New Direction?

#32 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

No, to mirror the McDonald's ad, you'd be followed through a normal day's activities and this would be intercut with One Direction doing their rather different activities through the same day - until eventually you'd all end up in the same Swan Theatre and you and Harry would both simultaneously reach for your own jelly babies, in identical motion, and then both suddenly become aware that the other, utterly different person (young/old, tuneful/tone deaf, lithe/arthritic, etc.) has exactly the same taste! - chips in McDonald's in the cinema ad, and jelly babies in the Swan in your commercial.

This commercial would result in hordes of young people swarming to all our theatres. Job done!

#33 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 27 June 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Do 18 - 25s even wear pajamas?

The best of us do.  I couldn’t repeat the pyjama games we have though.

I’ve a tendency to ramble about subjects like this, but in brief, two things.  Firstly I assume that for most of us ‘theatre’ means London and some ‘younger’ people don’t like going to or around London alone, or Stratford which is a bugger to get to (the last time I went the train was the price of four tickets).  Secondly I know some exceptions, but generally most ‘younger’ people I know jump at the chance to go to the theatre if someone else has organised and booked the tickets, but either don’t like going alone or simply can’t be arsed to do it themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users