3 replies to this topic

#1 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

As this has just started previewing, I'd love to know if anyone has seen it yet or is about to, please?

I'm keen to book but need to be able to go on a day when I can fit in 2 shows (i.e. a matinee day) and just don't have one free yet.  So I'm relying on someone else to put me out of my misery and tell me what I'm missing!

#2 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Saw this last night and it's a lot of fun. It's very silly and a lot of the songs sound quite similar but some very funny performances , especially Sister Amnesia, sorry I didn't get a programme so not sure who that was. The small audience seemed to be enjoying it a lot.

#3 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

That's great, itsuckstobeme - thank you for the update.  Now scouring my diary for a free slot...

#4 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Caught this on Sunday afternoon and it really is a load of silly daft fluff, but we had a ball (maybe it was the two hours drinking in the sunshine in the Landor's beer garden that did it). It's basically an old fashioned revue with just a nod to a wafer thin plot, but the cast attack with plenty of gusto and all get a chance to shine. Especially loved the almost undertstated Paul Brangan as Sister Mary Hubert. Engages the funny bone if not the brain. Full report on the blog (which has been cruelly neglected of late) http://www.frontrowd...unday-30_1.html
www.frontrowdress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users