13 replies to this topic

#1 Monteverdi

Monteverdi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Such joy to get the chance to see this again - I missed it at the Globe but sat in one of the stage boxes for the West End run. Utter bliss, and what an amazing cast bringing new meaning to so familiar words, and happy to embrace the bisexuality. But my cinema rather cocked it up by printing tickets and having it on their website that it started at 7.30 - only to start at 7.00. Anyone else have that problem. A harassed but understanding manager gave us all a couple of comps. This is my third Twelfth Night this year - and I am still surprised that Orsino disappears for so much of the play, as does Olivia. It's usually them and their confusion that I personally remember the most.

#2 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

Selfish question - was it an evening performance which was very very rainy, or did they film it again another time?  When I was there they were filming but blimey what a bad day we chose to be groundlings and they chose to film!  It's a testament to the bliss of the show that we didn't mind.

#3 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

The groundlings seemed to be putting up hoods etc mid way through the first act and it was clearly windy so I'm guessing it was that day?

I had to give up my tickets to see it at the Globe (oh how I sulked) so finally getting to see it was very exciting. And I wasn't disappointed-loved Fry and Rylance and as I'd expect from the Globe an excellent ensemble all round!
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

#4 Monteverdi

Monteverdi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

yes a joyous production and it did look cold...what date was it recorded? Was it done over a couple of performances. Olivia's veil looked in danger of flying off prematurely. I hope this comes out on DVD soon.

#5 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

What the link to get tickets for this??

#6 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostCandela, on 02 July 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

What the link to get tickets for this??

You can get full details of all Shakespeare's Globe On Screen productions, screening venues, dates and showtimes, and tickets here:  http://onscreen.shakespearesglobe.com/

#7 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1251 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

There often seems to be confusion over the start times of these theatre screenings -for this and The Audience I was told by cinema staff that they would start 20 minutes after the advertised time, like films do, when they both started at about 5 or 10 past the hour. Lots if people arrived late as a result.

#8 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Similarly happened when i went to see the audience, i thought i remembered previous ones not starting at advertised time so turned up as it started (never really how difficult it is to find a seat in pitch darkness), I put it down to my own stupidity but maybe I had remembered rightly.

#9 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I've done the same thing, now just turn up in advance of the time just to be sure (and to avoid stepping on people in the dark)

Have to say the queue for getting into the screen resembled the Globe groundling queue too-terribly polite but a cut throat scramble for the best position ;)
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

#10 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostKathryn2, on 03 July 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

There often seems to be confusion over the start times of these theatre screenings -for this and The Audience I was told by cinema staff that they would start 20 minutes after the advertised time, like films do, when they both started at about 5 or 10 past the hour. Lots if people arrived late as a result.

Probably worth missing the start to avoid having to listen to Emma Freud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users