13 replies to this topic

#11 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

Bit disappointing. Meh. Fresh and raw? Didn't move me at all. Andrew was lovely, as always, but can't see what all the fuss is about!

Did make me go to the Shed. I think their problem is that they have been putting stuff on that I have not the slightest interest in seeing! It really is that simple. And the 8pm start for most productions is also not helpful, but as I showed with Sea Wall, not a deal breaker!

#12 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

The Hush finishes well before 9pm, so its 8pm start shouldn't really be a problem. And £20 might seem acceptable if you appreciate the show, but would seem a bit steep if you didn't much. I think they missed a trick by not programming a whole series of early evening and late evening extra performances, like Sea Wall or music or comedy gigs or rehearsed readings or talks. That would have livened the place up, with more people coming to it and maybe returning for other events and even for some of their main featured shows.

I think it's good that the NT regulars seem to be wary of the programme and are only attending if they have a very good reason. They are freeing up the place for the intended audiences who follow other artforms, venues and social activitiies - you know, the people who apparentlly aren't coming!

#13 zahidf

zahidf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think Bullet Catch was a success?

Anyway, it's only a temporary structure. It's good it's trying somethign vaguely new.

#14 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

View Postzahidf, on 01 August 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

I think Bullet Catch was a success?

So was Mission Drift, very successful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users