• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 danneawright

danneawright

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Does anyone know any news on the phantom cast change?

#2 ajkb7926

ajkb7926

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

I have heard a few rumours going around the net for The Phantom but obviously have no idea how true they are.

Geronimo Rauch

Plus someone on bwayworld said that someone said that someone that has history with the show is returning which has sparked several names like Michael Ball, JOJ etc.

Obviously these are rumours so I am unsure of their validity etc.

#3 danneawright

danneawright

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Don't think Michael Ball will ever play phantom tbh

#4 ajkb7926

ajkb7926

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Same, just passing on what was mentioned elsewhere.

I am very interested in who is cast as it may sway me to finally go and see it.

#5 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postdanneawright, on 02 July 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Don't think Michael Ball will ever play phantom tbh

Michael Ball is a bit... well... "big" at the moment. He wouldn't fit the role. Les Mis cast change just happened, so Geronimo won't be going to Phantom atm.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3363 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

he is rumoured to be leaving les mis in september

#7 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostCoggit, on 02 July 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Michael Ball is a bit... well... "big" at the moment. He wouldn't fit the role. Les Mis cast change just happened, so Geronimo won't be going to Phantom atm.

Might sink the boat, but does the Phantom have not to be  big? Geronimo is well built in a strong looking way too. September fits the Phantom timetable if he's leaving Les Mis then. Question is who is then lead Christine.

#8 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postdjp, on 03 July 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Might sink the boat, but does the Phantom have not to be  big? Geronimo is well built in a strong looking way too. September fits the Phantom timetable if he's leaving Les Mis then. Question is who is then lead Christine.

Not sure, actually! In the novel, he is explicitly called thin, but well, it's not the most devout to the novel anyway. I know what you mean about Geronimo but Michael Ball is bigger in a different way :P Whilst weight may not play a party in casting the role, when you think of Phantom, we do stereotypically think of a skinny guy. My only issue with casting Michael Ball as Phantom would be his voice - it just isn't a match for me.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#9 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3363 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

yeah michael balls phantom would be closer to piangi. plus michael is just too cheesy for such a serious role

#10 Bricabrac

Bricabrac

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Whoever it is, he has to look good in that tight costume.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users