163 replies to this topic

#1 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

According to Bamigboye today, with a cast including Ben Whishaw, Daniel Mays, Robert Sheehan and Rupert Grint.

Not far off twenty years ago I loved this when I saw it at the Royal Court on a baking hot Saturday afternoon. It really was a sparkling debut for Butterworth, Seeing it at the Duke of York's (?) later with a different cast it was less successful with an audience who just didn't seem to appreciate it in the way they had done at the Court (and in front of me was a man with the noisiest coat that I've ever had to suffer listening to, these things rankle, decades later!)

http://www.whatsonst..._medium=twitter

(plus Here Lies Love at the Dorfman, the word from New York has been great on this one)

#2 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostCardinal Pirelli, on 05 July 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

According to Bamigboye today, with a cast including Ben Whishaw, Daniel Mays, Robert Sheehan and Rupert Grint.

Not far off twenty years ago I loved this when I saw it at the Royal Court on a baking hot Saturday afternoon. It really was a sparkling debut for Butterworth, Seeing it at the Duke of York's (?) later with a different cast it was less successful with an audience who just didn't seem to appreciate it in the way they had done at the Court (and in front of me was a man with the noisiest coat that I've ever had to suffer listening to, these things rankle, decades later!)

(plus Here Lies Love at the Dorfman, the word from New York has been great on this one)
  A Noisy Coat sounds like an early Pinter. What sort of sound does it make?

#3 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

#4 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostCardinal Pirelli, on 05 July 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Both of these are exciting

#5 simon from oxford

simon from oxford

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

Mojo as a play is great - tense, taut and quite thrilling (with the right cast)

The film, I agree, was ropey at best.  But a well-cast revival would be very welcome.

#6 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

Grint and Whishaw and maybe to an extent Sheehan would be enough for this to get a West End revival at a theatre like the Pinter, Wyndhams  or the Duke of Yorks.

#7 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

Out of interest, how good are the predictions of 'Baz'? Not sure I am a fan of a WOS website headline on the back of a Daily Mail rumour?

#8 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostThe Glenbuck Laird, on 06 July 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

Out of interest, how good are the predictions of 'Baz'? Not sure I am a fan of a WOS website headline on the back of a Daily Mail rumour?

i think their pretty good!!

looks like mojo is confirmed with rupert grint and ben whishaw.

Grint will make his stage debut as a pill-popping petty crook alongside Brendan Coyle (Downton Abbey’s Mr Bates) and Ben Whishaw, Bond’s latest gadget wizard Q.
Daniel Mays, who won acclaim for his portrayal of Ronnie Biggs in ITV’s drama Mrs Biggs, and in movies such as Made In Dagenham, completes the high-octane quartet who’ll lead a revival of Jez Butterworth’s scorching debut play Mojo, set in the Soho underworld of 1958.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2a60ihepB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

#9 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

This year!! Baz had previously said 2014 but Sonia Friedman has said it will be starting 26 October 2013!

#10 zahidf

zahidf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Tickets onsale now. £15.00 Row O pillar seats available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users