8 replies to this topic

#1 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Vicky Featherstone (I've always wondered - is that pronounced as in "Featherstonehaugh"?) has announced her first programmed season - http://www.whatsonst...roya_31227.html

Downstairs - New plays from Dennis Kelly and Abi Morgan, the rumoured Let the Right One In, Lisa Dwan Beckett trilogy.

Interesting selection upstairs too.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#2 DrP

DrP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Quite like the sound of the Abi Morgan one

#3 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Just booked for the downstairs shows - usual multibuy offer to get 20% off if you book all 3 is available
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#4 DrP

DrP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

RC is the only theatre I'm a friend of, and I share the cost with a friend. So for £25 (between us) we can book a pair of tickets on Mondays for all the new shows as soon as they're announced for a tenner each, usually in the third or fourth row. Just booked four of the new shows for £40. Bargain!

#5 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Can someone explain to me what's going on with £10 Mondays? For some productions and dates, it's available to book even as a non member (although there is hardly any availability).

#6 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

"We release half of the tickets for Jerwood Theatre Downstairs £10 Mondays in advance to our Friends and Supporters, as part of their priority booking benefit."

Poly, all tickets not purchased by Friends and Supporters in their priority booking period are now on sale for public booking.

#7 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

This is a change in policy as the policy before was to release the other half on the day.

#8 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

No change in policy - Second half released at 9.00 online on the day. I think you're seeing the remaining unsold tickets in the first half. For example:

Stage 1) Tuesday - Royal Court releases first 200 £10 tickets for priority booking

Stage 2) Tue/Wed - Friends and Supporters buy only 180 £10 tickets in their priority booking period

Stage 3) Thu - Royal Court releases 20 remaining £10 tickets for public booking.

#9 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

You are right. I emailed them and this is exactly what they said, so yes, half of the monday tickets still go on sale on the day for £10. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users