#1 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Since Willemijn's coming to the west end in November (and doing her first concert appearance in London in August), I thought I'd start a thread for her!

Have you seen Willemijn in anything before? Never heard of her until recently? What do you think of her?
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#2 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Heard of her, seen her on broadway, she is perfect. That is all.
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#3 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I agree with "she is perfect" :P
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#4 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Saw her in We will rock you in Cologne as Scaramouche and Meat in 2005. Wasn't a big fan of the German production of the show but she was fantastic.

#5 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Saw her as Elphaba. I'm not a massive Wicked fan, but she was mind-blowing.

#6 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Apparently there's going to be an official announcement on friday stating that Willemijn's joining the German cast of Mamma Mia as Donna for under two months. Then I guess she'll be going straight into rehearsals for Wicked London!

#7 Artanis

Artanis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Willemijn is so amazing! One would expect her to take a break before starting Wicked at West End, but no, today the news came out that she will play Donna in Mamma Mia for a two months stint in Germany. So happy!

#8 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

She's had a few months off, so I'm not surprised she's doing something new before starting on Wicked again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users