#21 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

Skylight, I really hope you see this before it ends!

I'm going on Friday for the last last last time. It's going to be very emotional!
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#22 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

Ahhhhh, went for the last time last night. Amazing amazing amazing.

Anyone who hasn't seen it has missed out on a life experience!

#23 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

I was there yesterday for the last night, not my first visit! I'd worked out when the best time was to pick up spare seats online and snaffled one up on Friday night. Tickets went for about 270 a pair on ebay by the way.

A great show, understandably, the energy was incredible, the last sections saw Mephistopheles hurling himself around with barely any regard for his, or Faust's. safety. Gretchen was heartrending and breaking down in tears. A couple of things that they played around with, the dancer at the start of the jive was in a spiderman costume for the last time and Gretchen and Martha had dressed up as each other (with blonde/red haired wigs) for it! Took me a minute to work out what had happened, they stayed like this through to the end of the 'shaming'.

Looking forward to the BAC residency and 'Masque of the Red Death' and hoping that other companies like dreamthinkspeak come up with something new soon.

#24 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

By the way, googling around and just found this page, not available apart from an archived google page. apparently evening dress is recommended for watching Masque of the Red Death!

NT archive page

#25 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(Cardinal Pirelli @ Apr 1 2007, 01:13 PM) View Post
By the way, googling around and just found this page, not available apart from an archived google page. apparently evening dress is recommended for watching Masque of the Red Death!

NT archive page

Well done for finding that page, very exciting!!!! Evening dress, hmmm...I don't think I'll be able to run around in evening dress the way I ran around maniacally in Faust, perhaps the atmosphere of the show will be a bit different in that respect. Very intriguing.

I'm pretty terrified about seeing it already, but soo excited. And the after-party sounds awesome too!

And also thank you for the details about the last night, I wish I could have been there but it just wasn't possible. And seeing it six times was enough I guess! Hehe, the spiderman costume and Martha/Gretchen switch sounds fun, but confusing!

I hope lots of the performers are in the next show, they are just amaaaaazing.

#26 smith

smith

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:28 PM

Have you bought tickets for Masque of the Red Death yet Josh? I hear they're already on sale!

#27 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(smith @ Apr 12 2007, 03:28 PM) View Post
Have you bought tickets for Masque of the Red Death yet Josh? I hear they're already on sale!

smith, are you doubting my obsession?!?!
of course I've got tickets already, hehe!!
have you?
i'm obscenely excited  rolleyes.gif

#28 smith

smith

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(josh @ Apr 12 2007, 04:26 PM) View Post
smith, are you doubting my obsession?!?!
of course I've got tickets already, hehe!!
have you?
i'm obscenely excited  rolleyes.gif

Josh, I don't think your obsession could ever be in doubt!

I have indeed got tickets; am also very excited. Perhaps not obscenely so, but excited nonetheless!  wink.gif

#29 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:32 AM

I think I can see this (MOTRD) as a theatre studies trip in the making (i.e. a subsidised trip with transport that leaves when we do;)) Now, how to claim it as 'educational'...

#30 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(David @ Apr 14 2007, 12:32 PM) View Post
I think I can see this (MOTRD) as a theatre studies trip in the making (i.e. a subsidised trip with transport that leaves when we do;)) Now, how to claim it as 'educational'...

The first time I saw Faust it was with a theatre studies trip! I think there's a lot to be said for the educational value of Punchdrunk shows - you can talk about how they redefine the relationship between performer and audience, the use of performance space, the use of physicality and movement rather than dialogue and text etc etc...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users