9 replies to this topic

#1 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

i was just wondering how braniac and dereen brown work at the palace, i have seen pictures of the palace with signage for both shows outside the theatre, but assume both on the same day, anyine any idea how it works?

#2 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Brainiac does morning and afternoon performances (10.30, 12.30, 14.30, plus 16.00 on Sundays), and Derren Brown does evening performances. Both (I assume) have relatively simple sets.

#3 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Brainiac is on the left of the stage, Derren Brown on the right. Make sure you book for the correct half.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#4 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Xanderl you are hilarious, I ment the frontage of the theatre how do the manage both signs?

#5 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 20 July 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Xanderl you are hilarious, I ment the frontage of the theatre how do the manage both signs?

Derren Brown is the main show so get the marquee space whereas Brainiac is daytime only so only get a little sign. Nimax do a number of daytime theatre shows at their theatres plus one nighters, other theatres tend to only hire the theatre on Sundays or the equivalent dark day.

#6 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

I have seen a pic with brainiac getting a full marquee sign, I was just curious, seems really awkward having to change the signs, must be time consuming

#7 dan

dan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

They had 'Horrible Histories -Barmy Britain' sharing with 'Chicago' at the Garrick last Summer. They just used the front of the stage and it was quite a basic two hander comedy show anyway. Very clever use of space & doubling up of theatres and it's to be applauded.

#8 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 20 July 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

I have seen a pic with brainiac getting a full marquee sign, I was just curious, seems really awkward having to change the signs, must be time consuming

I walked past there the other day. Derren Brown has the big sign at the front, and the sign for Brainiac is on the side of the marquee. I guess you could photograph it from the right angle and it would look like Brainiac had the full sign, so maybe that's what you saw?
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#9 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yeah I walked past it myself last week and came to the same conclusion! Thanks !! :)

#10 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

I used to wonder where Graham Linehan and Steve Delaney get their ideas for Count Arthur Strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users