• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 e17mc

e17mc

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

This was just one of those amazing nights where you realise that you are in the presence of a legend. She is timeless and her show was supurb from the opening of I'm Still Here to the encore of Mein Herr.

The show was packed with all her hits, the wonderful number Everything Changes from her last show mimi le duck and the best legs in the business. A couple of issues with the words, but hey she is 80! She gives so much to every number, and the reception at the end was astounding but well deserved.

She is only at the Shaw Theatre until Saturday, and I really would urge everyone to go and see this amazing artist. You don't get many stars like Eartha Kitt, and from the brilliant reception at the end of the concert I wasn't alone in thinking how great she was. I know the remaining concerts are very full, but do get the chance to get a ticket if you can.

#2 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(e17mc @ Feb 13 2007, 11:41 PM) View Post
This was just one of those amazing nights where you realise that you are in the presence of a legend. She is timeless and her show was supurb from the opening of I'm Still Here to the encore of Mein Herr.

The show was packed with all her hits, the wonderful number Everything Changes from her last show mimi le duck and the best legs in the business. A couple of issues with the words, but hey she is 80! She gives so much to every number, and the reception at the end was astounding but well deserved.

She is only at the Shaw Theatre until Saturday, and I really would urge those not going to see this amazing artist. You don't get many stars like Eartha Kitt, and from the brilliant reception at the end of the concert I wasn't alone in thinking how great she was. I know the remaining concerts are very full, but do get the chance to get a ticket if you can.

Sounds like u had a great night - she was wonderful in Follies, standing ovation every night I saw it. I thought she may have lost it !  Its my bday soon, so may spend those extra pennies ............... where do u get tickets?

#3 musicmancjay

musicmancjay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE(In the Know @ Feb 13 2007, 11:45 PM) View Post
Sounds like u had a great night - she was wonderful in Follies, standing ovation every night I saw it. I thought she may have lost it !  Its my bday soon, so may spend those extra pennies ............... where do u get tickets?

here...

Eartha Kitt @ the Shaw Theatre
"Just when he should have been lying, he's telling the truth!"

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

Hi

did she sing 'Where is my Man?' and 'Cha Cha Heels'

Sounds a great night

Was it full?

#5 Guest_Guest_e17mc_*_*

Guest_Guest_e17mc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 14 2007, 12:35 PM) View Post
Hi

did she sing 'Where is my Man?' and 'Cha Cha Heels'

Sounds a great night

Was it full?

She did a snippet of Where Is My Man, no Cha Cha Heels, and it was full. A friend has managed to get tickets for Friday in the back row, which isn't too far as the space is good. But the remaining shows are very full already.

#6 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:28 PM

Eartha Kitt has more personality and artistry in her little fingers than all the other younger female singers put together.

#7 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:51 PM

shame I missed her - sold out

#8 Guest_Guest_e17mc_*_*

Guest_Guest_e17mc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(In the Know @ Feb 14 2007, 11:51 PM) View Post
shame I missed her - sold out

She had added another performance on Saturday 17th at 3pm to cope with demand. Went on sale yesterday, so there may be some tickets left for that.

#9 sdbpsb

sdbpsb

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(Guest_e17mc_* @ Feb 15 2007, 07:51 AM) View Post
She had added another performance on Saturday 17th at 3pm to cope with demand. Went on sale yesterday, so there may be some tickets left for that.

I have one spare ticket - 7th row centre - for her final show - Saturday 17 February at 8pm.  See my listing on ebay item number 150092755320.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users