#281 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

Tim Laurenti as Fagin in Oliver!

was disappointed when we heard Russ was on holiday, but I am very pleased to report that Tim's performance really shone, and I am glad I got the opportunity to see him.

I can now compare Sabrina and Kerry in the role of Nancy, and I have to say, as good as Kerry was, I preferred Sabrina's acting & voice, shes amazing!
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 178 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#282 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Tina @ Oct 18 2010, 03:09 PM) View Post
Tim Laurenti as Fagin in Oliver!

was disappointed when we heard Russ was on holiday, but I am very pleased to report that Tim's performance really shone, and I am glad I got the opportunity to see him.

I can now compare Sabrina and Kerry in the role of Nancy, and I have to say, as good as Kerry was, I preferred Sabrina's acting & voice, shes amazing!

biggrin.gif This makes me happy, Sabrina's fantastic. She's an actress who can sing, Kerry's a singer who can (kind of) act, that's the difference for me, I usually look for the acting side of things first. I'm dying to see her again, even though I'm not too keen on the show unsure.gif That's how good I thought she was!

#283 musicalfan93

musicalfan93

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

Was really impressed by Celia Graham in Love Never Dies a couple of weeks ago, she was really good smile.gif
Thought her acting was better than Sierra, not quite as strong vocally but she has a lovely voice!

As mentioned before, Nikki Davis-Jones in Wicked is awesome, favourite Elphaba by far!
LONDON: A Chorus Line x3|American Psycho x1|Avenue Q x1|Blood Brothers x6|Charlie and The Chocolate Factory x2|Evita x1|Ghost x11|Hair x3|Hairspray x1|Imagine This x1|Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat x2|Legally Blonde x2|Lend Me A Tenor x1|Les Miserables x2|The Lion King x7|Lord of the Rings x4|Love Never Dies x6|Matilda x1|Oliver! x1|Phantom of the Opera x2|Priscilla Queen of the Desert x3|Scrooge x1|Shrek x1|Sister Act x2|Spamalot x3|Sweeney Todd x2|We Will Rock You x4|Wicked x9|Wizard of Oz x1 UK TOUR: Blood Brothers x2|Cabaret x1|Evita x1|Ghost x2|Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat x4|Rocky Horror Show x3|Scrooge x1  LEEDS: Peter Pan x1  BROADWAY: Wicked x1
PLAYS: Coriolanus (Donmar Warehouse) x2|King Lear (National Theatre 2014)|Othello (National Theatre 2013) x1|Macbeth (The Globe 2013) x1|The Cripple of Inishmaan x1

#284 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

Without a shadow of a doubt - Killian Donnelly as Jean Valjean in Les MisÚrables.

He's 3rd cover and his usual track is Enjolras but he is the best Valjean I have EVER seen! Every single aspect of his performance was perfect and I couldn't find one thing to fault. If only he was slightly older (he's 26) he should definitely do the role full time at some point!!! Having said that - John Owen Jones was the youngest Valjean ever at 26 wasn't he?.. smile.gif
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#285 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

Amy Lennox (ex understudy Elle) in Legally Blonde was AMAZING on the 3 occasions I saw her! smile.gif Very good actress and singer!
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#286 LegallyWicked

LegallyWicked

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(Sam4God @ Oct 25 2010, 06:04 PM) View Post
Amy Lennox (ex understudy Elle) in Legally Blonde was AMAZING on the 3 occasions I saw her! smile.gif Very good actress and singer!

Was just about to make a post about Amy Lennox. I saw her last Tuesday and even though I was disappointed at not seeing Sheridan, Amy was fantastic.

#287 hashtose

hashtose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

Chantelle Carey as Mama Morton in Chicago... Had a few doubts when it was announced, but she absolutely blew me away.  Her voice is incredible!!!

#288 Hanzicles

Hanzicles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

View Posthashtose, on 26 October 2010 - 06:22 PM, said:

Chantelle Carey as Mama Morton in Chicago... Had a few doubts when it was announced, but she absolutely blew me away.  Her voice is incredible!!!

I absolutely second that. Chantelle Carey was phenomenal! What a voice! :)

#289 beads&flowers26

beads&flowers26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Kayleigh Stephenson in WWRY i without doubt one of the best understudies I've seen. First saw her when she was 3rd u/s for Scara in the show in the west end, making her Scara debut age 20! Since she has been promoted to 1st u/s scara and also 2nd u/s Meat. A real must see, terrific voice, great humour on stage that she brings to the role, and her acting is top notch

#290 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

I love Kayleigh too! and Chantelle, dying to see her now!

Saw Lauren James(Ray!) as Nessa in Wicked on Thursday night, and she was wonderful. She's only had 2 shows in 2 years but I really liked the way she played the character. It's no secret that I'm a massive fan of her own music and have seen her perform outside Wicked a number of times but it was great to see her in a lead role in a theatre setting. Her acting impressed me a lot. She's awesome, VERY talented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users