6 replies to this topic

#1 uktheatrejunkie

uktheatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hello all from Canada,

About 1 1/2 years ago I started a thread looking for British and Irish theatre programmes (and posters).

I managed to acquire a few hundred items since then.

All of this is with the hope of one day opening a British and Irish theatre gallery in Canada showcasing 792 plays and musicals (to date - this will increase) I have seen in 39 trips to Britain and Ireland over the past 25 years.

The gallery will display posters (all of the approximately 600 I have so far have been professionally dry mounted), programmes, autographs, notebooks (I have kept since trip #1) and anything else theatre related to these productions.

I have recently set up a website (bare with me as I have never made a website before) but it does have a tab on it indicating the specific posters and programmes I am looking for.

If you have any of these items for sale please contact me through the email or contact tab on the website.

I am very specific though on items I want: it has to be from the same theatre in the same city with the same cast (some productions go on for years). Details of the dates I have seen the productions are listed on the website.

Thank you.

John Tracey in Canada

www.jttheatregallery.com

#2 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

Hi John
I may have answered you before but here goes anyway.
I have a collection of programmes going back into the sixties. I don't have speciallically what you request but then I don't understand what your collection is supposed to be. If it is just what you personally have seen, then I don't think my collection will be of any use as I have seen much more than you have. But if you want to take a punt, I am willing to send them all to you - you will have to pay postage I'm afraid - and then I assure you , you will have an interesting collection.
Lynette

#3 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hi Lynette, if John isn't interested would you be interested in sharing your collection with another?

#4 uktheatrejunkie

uktheatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hello Lynette, I thank you for your offer but I am only looking for the specific posters and programmes listed on my website. thank you. John

#5 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostABowlerHat, on 11 August 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Hi Lynette, if John isn't interested would you be interested in sharing your collection with another?

yes
indeed
sorry only just seen your post. Send me your email via this weird and wonderful site if you can work out how to do it and we can discuss! :-))

#6 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I too have some theate programmes.brouches I am willing to sell.

Just so you know, I am from Sydney, Australia however now live here in London (8 years) so admittedly a lot of the stuff is from there. That said, I did live in London for a period of time previously and so have some UK stuff to.
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#7 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Am still here Mr/Mrs BH, with programmes, please PM me if you want them.

Also tagged with poster, programme, london, west end, national, stratford upon avon, autograph, actor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users