• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 seano68

seano68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

I purchased 2 tickets for Hairspray for Edinburgh Playhouse, costing 43.50 each plus p&p totalling 98 4 days ago, today I opened an email from ATG tickets offering me 15 off each ticket for Hairspray at Edinburgh playhouse, I was furious...I called ATG straight away explaining my circumstances,I was more or less told TOUGH LUCK, the service I received was one of the worst I have experienced, I was lied at more than once, I acknowledged that no refund or cancellation could be made as ticket had been purchased, I asked out of courtesy if I could receive a 30 voucher for future events ( as I've spent over 2000 over the years with this company) I was told I'd need to email my concern, this was after speaking to 3 customer service persons...one was a duty manager , who spoke over me and told me I was wasting my time.....I will not be using ATG tickets again .

#2 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

I sort of don't see the issue here...
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#3 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Same here. It can happen with every ticket provider. You book and a few days later a ticket offer appears. As annoying as it is one can't blame the ticket provider. It really is bad luck. And expecting some kind of compensation is a bit much in my opinion.

If the ATG people were rude on the phone then that's another issue. But not discounting tickets that had already been booked and not handing out a voucher instead is not what I would call disgraceful customer service.

#4 seano68

seano68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostSteffi, on 27 August 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Same here. It can happen with every ticket provider. You book and a few days later a ticket offer appears. As annoying as it is one can't blame the ticket provider. It really is bad luck. And expecting some kind of compensation is a bit much in my opinion.

If the ATG people were rude on the phone then that's another issue. But not discounting tickets that had already been booked and not handing out a voucher instead is not what I would call disgraceful customer service.
The reason I'm angry is the seats are 2 seats away from me, plus the customer service, I was lied too more than once , nothing to do with no voucher, please read my post again properly, or keep quiet !!

#5 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Like I said, if you were treated in a rude manner then that's a reason to be angry. To me your post reads as if you were almost expecting a compensation from ATG.
In case I misread this I apologise. However, I'd appreciate if you didn't tell me to keep quiet - after all you started a thread in a public forum. We're here to discuss topics.

#6 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Any sympathy I may have felt towards you for possibly getting 'disgraceful customer service', seano68, has now been eradicated by the way you've chosen to speak to respected board members. If you open up a public discussion about not being spoken to correctly, the mind boggles how you can tell those who offer their views to "keep quiet" so aggressively.
Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care.
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you of being alive.

#7 seano68

seano68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postmusicalmadness, on 27 August 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Any sympathy I may have felt towards you for possibly getting 'disgraceful customer service', seano68, has now been eradicated by the way you've chosen to speak to respected board members. If you open up a public discussion about not being spoken to correctly, the mind boggles how you can tell those who offer their views to "keep quiet" so aggressively.
I put up a post, people have not read it properly and answering it, suggesting the reason I received bad customer service was because I didn't get a voucher, I told them to read it properly or don't answer at all.

#8 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postmusicalmadness, on 27 August 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

YES!! Well said!

#9 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

Surely the terms and conditions of the offer stated that it couldn't be applied retrospectively.

#10 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

I dont get the issue here. Bad attitude from the person on the phone aside, this is standard practice and happens all the time for many products and services. You pay your money you take your chance. Whenever you purchase something you run the risk of it being reduced in a sale. Theres not much a person on the phone could say, you're not entitled to anything, theres nowhere else they can really go with conversation

You say they lied to you but not said how.

The fact the duty manager spoke over you plus how you have spoken to people on here suggests your attitude may have been off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users