31 replies to this topic

#21 NoddyButtToday

NoddyButtToday

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

I had quite a good experience with ATG last year. I'd booked a show that I couldn't attend or reschedule ,so they let me have vouchers for the full value. That was using the ATG card holders line which may have helped. Still a crap website though.

Incidentally this post shows how to form sentences and use punctuation. Are the billy goats safe to cross now?

#22 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

This has happened to me more times than I care to remember - and ATG are not the only ones who do this. It's not really their fault if someone has just bought tickets for a show they'd like to offer a discount on.

Like the last poster I have had a good expereince with ATG. They gave me a refund for tickets when I was seriously ill. Again, I have an ATG membership card and I do spend an awful lot of money with them - over £2000 like the original poster so that may have affected thier decision. But ATG are not the devil incarnate.

Last week I bought 2 tickets for "Into the Woods" at Le Chatelet in Paris. I wasn't paying attention and misread the price of tickets so decided to go for tickets at a mid-price range each. I was a bit miffed when I discovered that the price I paid was the price for 2 tickets and I could have afforded the top price seats. I telephoned to ask if I could exchange them to pay MORE money. "Non. Non" a la De Gaulle. Oh well...

Stuff happens.
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#23 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postseano68, on 27 August 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

your the advanced member, it's sad sad people that come on here, I'm merely rippin the pish...here fishy fishy lol
I've never got why people want to make a wally of themselves on a fishing trip?? I suggest a fresh look at your bait fella

#24 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

'your the advanced member, it's sad sad people that come on here, I'm merely rippin the pish...here fishy fishy lol'

'You're', darling.

#25 seano68

seano68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostMrs Lovett, on 28 August 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

'your the advanced member, it's sad sad people that come on here, I'm merely rippin the pish...here fishy fishy lol'

'You're', darling.
ooops sorry didn't realise this was a spelling forum....get a life will you !

#26 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

"ooops sorry didn't realise this was a spelling forum....get a life will you !"

Grammar, not spelling, darling.

#27 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

This thread is hilarious

#28 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

View Postseano68, on 29 August 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

ooops sorry didn't realise this was a spelling forum....get a life will you !
Oops, sorry; didn’t realise this was a spelling forum … Get a life, won’t you?
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#29 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

I booked to see a show with ATG last week and forgot I'd booked a show for that night already. When I spoke to them I told them I'd wanted to sit at the front, which is why I'd bought that specific ticket. They changed the date for me quite happily, and when they couldn't match the ticket I'd booked, they put me in the row nearby - a much better, more expensive seat - and didn't charge the difference.

As for discounts appearing after you buy a cheaper ticket, it really annoys me but what can you do? At the end of the day you buy tickets based on what you feel they are worth, and you don't buy them if you don't think it's worth the asking price.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#30 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

There is no issue here, you did not receive bad customer service. It's tough luck that you paid more than you needed to before you received the offer. If you buy something in a shop for full price and next week see it's reduced in the sales do you seek compensation? Of course not. Your attitude leaves a lot to be desired!
I'm sure ATG will be devastated that they won't have to deal with you again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users