• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jillmclark

jillmclark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone know if and when this TOUR will take place as not heard anymore than on Elaine Paige's radio 2 show weeks ago now that it was going to Tour starting FROM NEXT FEB'14.? Really hope it does happen as think it was just the most stunning show with the most beautifull music that I have ever seen, and was so glad to of seen the opening production in the west-end when it opened, and would love to see it again with friends who have not seen it yet and are wanting to see it on a UK tour, HOPEFULLY as planned next year in our Mayflower Theatre in Southampton!!. ANY news will be gratefully received, thanks....... Jill.

#2 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

It keeps on being rumoured but nothing ever happens, they are starting to leave it late for a February start. Im really not sure how well this will do on tour.

As for Southampton, if it does tour im sure theyd get it although 2014 is already a busy year for them.

#3 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

The regions have got some quality productions in 2014/2015 with Lion King, Wicked, War Horse, Singin' in the Rain and they'll be joined by Shrek next summer. Isn't Love Never Dies being produced by Kenwright? I imagine if it is happening then probably Spring 2014.

#4 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I believe the tour was all but confirmed - then I heard from a source that the tour had been cancelled, though I am not sure if this is true.

Looks like we may have to wait and see!

#5 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Kenwright wanted to tour the westend version. The Lord wanted to tour the oz version.

No tour now planned.

End of the road for phantom 2.

#6 Distant_Cousin

Distant_Cousin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Showstopper, on 12 September 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Kenwright wanted to tour the westend version. The Lord wanted to tour the oz version.

No tour now planned.

End of the road for phantom 2.

No need to be so smug about it

#7 jillmclark

jillmclark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

:(   Thanks for all the replies! but, the recent posts seem a bit bleak so, do hope it has not been cancelled alltogether now, what a carry-on!!!!!! STILL at least I did get to see the London production at the Adelphi and have got the EXCELLENT DVD of the one in Australia :unsure: but, maybe someday it WILL TOUR THE UK and I will see it again :) :)
Jill.

#8 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

jillmclark, on 14 September 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

:(   Thanks for all the replies! but, the recent posts seem a bit bleak so, do hope it has not been cancelled alltogether now, what a carry-on!!!!!! STILL at least I did get to see the London production at the Adelphi and have got the EXCELLENT DVD of the one in Australia :unsure: but, maybe someday it WILL TOUR THE UK and I will see it again :) :)
Jill.

Double check its not opening at theatre royal newcastle sometime soon?!

#9 BalletOperaMusical

BalletOperaMusical

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hori Production of Japan is staging LND in Tokyo next spring (probably the Australian version). The role of the Phantom will be shared by two of the most prominent stage actors in Japan. One is the original Japanese Phantom and the other was one of the two original JVJs in Japan. That makes it sound like Michael Crawford and Colm Wilkinson playing the Phantom in LND, but Japan's original Phantom and JVJ are still in their sixties (a tad too old maybe, but they are both great actors).

#10 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

BalletOperaMusical, on 21 September 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hori Production of Japan is staging LND in Tokyo next spring (probably the Australian version). The role of the Phantom will be shared by two of the most prominent stage actors in Japan. One is the original Japanese Phantom and the other was one of the two original JVJs in Japan. That makes it sound like Michael Crawford and Colm Wilkinson playing the Phantom in LND, but Japan's original Phantom and JVJ are still in their sixties (a tad too old maybe, but they are both great actors).

AlW did seem to have this idea that he wanted an older Phantom  - this just seems to take it a bit further. I suppose they could still portray menace as long as they are not zimmer frame bound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users