62 replies to this topic

#31 Palatio

Palatio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

As brilliant as both KC and IM are (in different ways) they are far too old now to be credible as Glinda and Elphaba. It would almost be like asking Julie Andrews to reprise her role as Maria in the film revival of SOM!!

But for a Wicked film, there are many big names who could do more than justice to Madame Morrible, Boq, Wizard and be a box office draw...

#32 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostKevinUK, on 12 October 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Would Defying Gravity really work if performed in the attic of a tower?

I've never imagined the whole of this song being performed in the tower. Surely once Elphaba flies she leaves the tower. How else would you explain all the townspeople at the end?
On another note, after reading this thread I watched the Phantom movie again, the first time since LND, and was surprised to hear bits of the Coney Island Waltz and 'Beneath a Moonless Sky' in there.

#33 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think KC and IM will play the mothers of their respective characters: IM during the birthing scene and KC dropping Galinda off at Shiz. Depending on how brave the studio is, I'd like 'unknowns' (at least cinematically) to play the two leads. Victor Garbo gets my vote as The Wizard, and Helen Bonham Carter as Morrible.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#34 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostAnthony, on 13 October 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

By their own (public) admission, if it doesn't happen soon both Indina and Kristin will be too old.  I've also read Reece Wetherspoon's name tossed around for Glinda.
Idina and Kristin were too old 5 years ago, never mind whenever Universal actually gets around to making this movie!  And Reese Witherspoon is already too old as well.   It'll have to be younger generation actresses - no older than the likes of (to take examples from recent movie musical casts) Anna Kendrick or Amanda Seyfried (though I wouldn't ever want her to be Glinda, I'm only using her as an age example), and more realistically actresses of the same age range as the likes of Julianne Hough and Samantha Barks

#35 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

I think idina and kristen were too old for a movie when the show opened let alone now

Samantha barks and Brittany Snow (amber in hairspray) are a pair that spring to mind if casting now

I really want justin timberlake as fiyero but he is probably too old now so zac efron would be a logical and good choice

#36 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Has Brittany snow the vocal range?? If yes perfect! Please no to zac !!

#37 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

I dont know about her range but she can sing at least and more importantly act.
Ive never understood the zac efron hate, he can sing, dance and act (check out his performance in The Paperboy)

#38 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostTitan, on 14 October 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

I dont know about her range but she can sing at least and more importantly act.
Ive never understood the zac efron hate, he can sing, dance and act (check out his performance in The Paperboy)

I dont hate Zac at all, i think he is brilliant and amazing in The Lucky One but for me not Fiyero

#39 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Norris has confirmed he will begin shooting the movie of London Road next year

#40 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

I found this recent article. Makes for some interesting reading- some of which we already know and other not.

http://www.imdb.com/list/KDlCik71_ZQ/
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users