11 replies to this topic

#1 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

After witnessing what has to be the best live performance by one person I have ever seen I thought it seemed appropriate to start a new thread so that folks can share in the appreciation of the unique talent that is Rachel Tucker. She not only belted her lungs out for 2 and a half hours without a support band, but dazzled the audience with her brilliant sense of humour and add to that an uncanny and just brilliant impression of Tina Turner (as if she didn't have enough talents!) I honestly have never witnessed a performer who is so talented in every department, such a privilege to be there last night. She acts through song like no other and there was more emotion, humour and even drama (slight technical hitch at the start was dealt with so brilliantly and naturally by her) than you'd find on most West end stages. Would love to have your thoughts but my disclaimer would be that Rachel is quite simply the most talented performer I have ever seen / worked with!

#2 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

Did you see her in Farragut North at the Southwark Playhouse recently?  A straight acting role, playing a New York Times political columnist, and she nailed it.  Perfect New York accent too.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#3 SeanyB

SeanyB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

I also attended her concert at SJP Theatre and she was indeed INCREDIBLE (As always) MASSIVE Talent! Cant wait to see what shes going to do next!

Does anyone have the set list for her show on Sunday, as there were a couple of songs I didn't know lol

#4 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postmallardo, on 15 October 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Did you see her in Farragut North at the Southwark Playhouse recently?  A straight acting role, playing a New York Times political columnist, and she nailed it.  Perfect New York accent too.
Yeah I certainly did! There really is no limit to her talent. Plus I was total astounded to see her comedy ability on stage at her cabaret! She could be a stand up on top of everything else. Just ridiculous how much talent she has!!

#5 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

View Postmallardo, on 15 October 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

She was the best thing in it!

#6 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Absolutely stunning performance from Rachel right here.

What a voice, so versatile.

#7 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Congratulations to Rachel who will be making her Broadway debut in Stings new musical, The Last Ship.

#8 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Such exciting news to see Rachel hitting Broadway! She'll blow them all away with her incredible talent. Just hope they don't keep her!

#9 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Think that it may not be the biggest role in the show as the story focuses on the shipyard workers and the main male character and his relationships/situations he finds himself in when he comes back. I`m only going off bits I`ve read and Stings promotional shows last October so could be wrong. Still great it is Broadway.

Most people have only seen her in Wicked WWRY and the play she was in. She has also done touring shows and stuff in Ireland previously. This is a chance to see her create a role maybe something different.

Doesnt really seem much at present in west end to go for.  Obviously you take your opportunities where you can if thats the direction you want to take.

#10 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1278 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

I think her talent may not seem so 'incredible' in NY where they are generally much more talented. Still it's a good break for her, hope the show is good.

Also tagged with Rachel Tucker, Rachel, Tucker, Wicked, Cabaret, Elphaba, We Will Rock You, Voice, belt, St James Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users